Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Short bridge.

Short bridge.

I wonder about the guy driving the hay truck that follows another truck under the bridge. http://www.prochan.com/view?p=da1_1351183858

Blog Entries
    When we were living on the east side of Indianapolis there was a bridge like this and without fail every couple of days the road was closed for another clean-up. And we watched the same driver in 2 different moving trucks in the same week do this. DUH -- Its rare to find a great place for lunch that comes with a floor show : )

I think they should pay attention to the heighth of the bridge opening. It would be worth their time to see how high their trucks are.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I used to work beside a bridge just like this one and about once a month there was an incident like those shown here. What mostly happened is the truck became wedged and it was a pretty big deal.

Best laugh I had all day just watching the video.

Coming back into the states from Canada at Vancouver, it was 12'6" at the crossing. We brought our 5th wheel in at the Nexus gate, and were asked why we came through there when we didn't have a Nexus pass.....I replied "because we don't want to leave our AC unit in Canada! We were (not politely) requested to pull over. Inside, the border guard had a better sense of humor, and we were allowed to proceed. That last unit on this video could have been us!
    Quilting Sister

Friendship is an endless garden of surprises in which we bloom

I hope all of those rental truck drivers took the optional insurance!!! LOL
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Way to many dumb drivers on the road. They dont even pay attention to the lights on the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by tesspug View Post
    I wonder about the guy driving the hay truck that follows another truck under the bridge. http://www.prochan.com/view?p=da1_1351183858
    YEP!!! Been there and done that. In 1980 I was moving to my new home and had to go under a railroad tressel. I tore the Hertz truck top off and it cost me $5,000.00 for damages. Never again did I go that way again for ANY reason. A hard lesson learned, I must say. Thankfully I was not hurt, just my pride and pocket book. LOL And NO, I did not take the optional insurance....boy I was a DUMB driver and in a hurry.
    MaryB

We have a bridge like that here in Lakeland and it is marked very well before you get to it. There is another route for trucks to use if their trailer is too high for that bridge and tunnel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast