Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Should I Really Join Facebook? (Priceless) >

Should I Really Join Facebook? (Priceless)

Should I Really Join Facebook? (Priceless)

Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM

I love electronic gadgets - cell phone for emergencies and quick texts, Kindle and especially the computer for hanging out here.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:07 PM

I love it all,still rollin,the deal with the bi-,sack ual lol,thing is I live in a smallllll town,and if I say someting like that it would be all over town I never would belive I was talkin about a sack,but its funny,I need the laugh
Old 06-15-2012, 04:02 PM

Love the comments! It was my laugh for the day. I'm 70 and have iPhone, iPad,computer, kindlw which i need to sell. gps and love all of them. However not a great fan of Facebook and do not twitter!
Old 06-15-2012, 04:55 PM

This is too funny! Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:14 PM

I'm on Facebook, but to perfectly honest I have no idea why. I don't understand Twitter, to me a tweet is what a canary does. I do try to use my GPS, but when I get close to my destination I realize where I want to be and so there is always "recalculating" going on. My son bought me a fantastic cell phone, I love it; but it does things that I don't have any idea what to do with. I love my computer and can do just about anything I need to do; but I still don't get the Facebook thing. And at age 71 I'm not real worried about it either.

Last edited by BettyGee; 06-15-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-15-2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek View Post
Thanks for the chuckles all. I still have a flip phone. It is so old they told me they could not do any more to make teh charge work better. I refused their new phone at a very high price. Besides, I live in the country and there are few places it works anyway. Like they said, I toot better-n I twitter.
Hah - we live in the country too - and the only place my cell phone will work besides the livingroom (no where else in the house) and the IN driveway at the post office down the road - but not the OUT! I didn't even know I had texting until my foster daughter text messaged me the other day and I didn't know how to answer her! She took me "under her wing" and showed me. :-). Thank you for the above article, that was darling.

Marysewfun
Old 06-20-2012, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek View Post
Thanks for the chuckles all. I still have a flip phone. It is so old they told me they could not do any more to make teh charge work better. I refused their new phone at a very high price. Besides, I live in the country and there are few places it works anyway. Like they said, I toot better-n I twitter.
I HAD to have a cell phone when I worked. I am retired and "forget" it now when I go out. Drives my Dh crazy.

I figure that if god wanted me to have a cell he wouldn't have let me retire-I din't want to be called or bothered when I am out and rarely answer the phone in the house. As for Facebook, twitter and the rest. Forgetaboutit!!

I want to quilt, read, garden and play with my fur babies not spend the rest of my life tethered to a computer!!
Old 06-30-2012, 01:01 PM

My DH also has a GPS....her name is "Linda"....I HATE HER !!!! I love to talk and everytime I open my mouth,,,"she" over rides me.....He can't leave leave home without "her" !!!!!,,,We have been married 52 years and "Linda" is the only female that has ever intimidated me.....He LOVES "her"......
Old 06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee View Post
My DH also has a GPS....her name is "Linda"....I HATE HER !!!! I love to talk and everytime I open my mouth,,,"she" over rides me.....He can't leave leave home without "her" !!!!!,,,We have been married 52 years and "Linda" is the only female that has ever intimidated me.....He LOVES "her"......
Ha Ha our GPS is named Matilda she has an Australian accent. She sure is bossy. If you don't do it her way she recalculates until you either get it right or shut her off. I couldn't do my job with out Matilda - she gets me places on time and with out getting too lost.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:06 PM

I can't tell you what my DH calls his but it's not a tearm of endearment!