Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Simple pattern for little girls skirt

Simple pattern for little girls skirt

I saw on here a site that had a couple ideas for little girls skirts with elastic waist. Unable to find the site or tutorial, can someone help?

http://www.danamadeit.com/tutorials has some really cute stuff. I made her simple skirt a few times and was able to do the last one in less than 20 minutes! Her Warhol Dress (which is made out of an old t-shirt) turned out really well and was quick too.

I don't post identifiable pictures of my daughter publicly online, but here's a picture of the Warhol dress from the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work will not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." --Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for the patterns. I will make some skirts for my Grandaughter!

Blog Entries
    When my girls were younger, I frequently found cute t-shirts and coordinating fabric and then attached a gathered skirt to the t-shirt. I was happier with those dresses than what was bveing sold in the stores. If you have a ruffler, it should be easier than doing the gathering by hand.
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

And Chris_quilts...you could make it as long as needed; where the panties wouldn't show!!
    I loved the longer sweatshirts that came out and added the skirt to them to make the
    cutiest dresses. My DD had a couple of different colored ones. Some I pleated instead
    of gathering.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap41 View Post
    And Chris_quilts...you could make it as long as needed; where the panties wouldn't show!!
    I loved the longer sweatshirts that came out and added the skirt to them to make the
    cutiest dresses. My DD had a couple of different colored ones. Some I pleated instead
    of gathering.
    Thanks but DDs no longer interested in mom making them clothes or dresses - just quilts! Both are high school grads and well beyonde the cute dress stage, unfortunately.
    Through Christ who strengthens me, I can do all things. - Paul
    I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I committed unto Him against that Day. - Paul
    Chris, servant to three demanding cats

Blog Entries
    I have one that I've been wanting to use... but I can't remember the site. If I find it, I'll list the site here.