Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sisters, Oregon wildfire!!!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Stay safe everyone.. Thats some scary stuff.

I live in Eugene/Springfield and we have been getting the smoke from the fire over here.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
    For those that know Sisters, Oregon (where the big Sisters Quilt Show is located), there is a wildfire that literally "blew up" yesterday. Today's news says it's about 6 miles from the Sisters town......but with high winds expected today, it's rather scary! So far, some cars have burned, roads and campgrounds closed, and some housing divisions are put on ALERT -- to be prepared to evacuate. It was first reported at 10:45 AM Sunday and grew to 1500 acres within hours.... Here's a report page...for those that are interested. http://inciweb.org/incident/3244/
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

The fire is still burning and is up to 7000+ acres....it's not heading anywhere near Sisters. However, low visibility is expected in Sisters township, itself. The Hwys around Sisters all have warnings about low visibility due to smoke. Campgrounds, etc, still closed and now they've closed the Pacific Crest Trail (a popular hiking trail). We are lucky the winds are blowing AWAY from the town of Sisters............
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Thank you for the update, I've been thinking of you all. Glad you are safe for the present. Hope this is over soon!

Jan in VA, where lots of rain is due for Monday and Tuesday
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Well - it's WORSE!!! See the attached link.....the dang fire flared up and is burning about 12,000 acres!!! http://www.ktvz.com/news/Pole-Creek-...z/-/index.html
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

My prayers for all of you.
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

QM
    You have my sympathy as well. My little town just got through with a fire. I know how scary it is. I wish you all well.

Just heard this morning that it's at 16000 acres and they've taken the tankers off it (did that days ago - first time the news mentioned it)......and have those tankers working on a fire in Washington!!!!! Weatherman says with the winds and inversions and all that stuff, the smoke will be hanging around for quite a while. Some of us are far away (I'm 1 hr away) and am having trouble with the ash and smoke in the air -- hard to breath. Praying they get this darn fire out!!!
    Dee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2