Smart phones.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Default Smart phones.

Just want to say how much I love my smart phone.

I was the type that said I don't need a phone that does anything more then make a phone call. I can't believe I was that narrow minded, sign of old age to resist the new as my DGD informed me. LOL.

These phones are amazing. I can't imagine what will come next! How fun!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

good for you. i have no idea exactly what a smart phone is, nor an Ipad or Iphone, etc.
i do have a cell phone and don't do anything on it but phone calls. all i can afford!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 PM

I can relate ;-)
Old 04-21-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post

I was the type that said I don't need a phone that does anything more then make a phone call. I can't believe I was that narrow minded, sign of old age to resist the new as my DGD informed me. LOL.

I love my smart phone too. There are so many great apps! I have four grandkids, the oldest is 4, and I really am looking forward to them learning how to spell so they can text me!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

I felt that way too, unnecessary, didn't need, etc. But now that I have it my iPhone is my very favorite electronic device. I gave up my paper calendar, paper address book and purse photo album. Everything is backed up on the computer. Smartphones - great invention.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM

I am firmly attached to my smart phone, it goes everywhere with me. My DH leaves his at home whenever he can, but I love being connecte, especially to my DD. I am still resistant to giving up my hand annotated paper calendar, but everything else is on the phone.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

hubby is a computer geek and wizard by trade so we have the latest of techie stuff... desktops, laptops, ipads, i phones.. when they come out with a 'new' one of anything he has to have it - but thats ok, i get his hand me downs.. My favorite is Facetime- ipad to iphone when he happens to be on the road..
Old 04-22-2012, 06:15 AM

I just have to say, all I do on my cell phone is call and get voice mail and got a real shocker yesterday when I opened the billfrom AT & T. DH and I share the min and have unlimited mtom and nites and weekends, but we supposedly went over our min and the bill was $194.95. No where did they enclose the listing of calls we were supposed to have made and then they think I am going to pay this? No way jose. I was on the co. dime for over an hour uesterday when the guy hung up on me. We were Alltel and didn't have any trouble or going over and now when they finally send out their bills we are over and they can't even find our plan. HA! NOT. So be careful on what and how you use your phones or you could get a bigger shocker. I told them I wasn't paying that phone bill. They havejn't proved it is even ours or if they are trying to make us pay for someone else's. I also told the guy we had such lousy reception and dropped calls that we were thinking of changing cell phone co.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

what is an average bill for a smart phone, using many apps? just wondering.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post

I just joined the smart phone crowd, too. Although there's no cell service where I live, it's handy to have when I'm out and about in town and with a data plan the internet is always at hand, too. The phone does far more than I have figured out but the potential is huge and in time, I look forward to learning more than games! It's really nice having the bluetooth connect to my car for hands free. Never thought I might use it as much as I have already.