SmartPhone users???

Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 PM

I had to get one for work and opted for the iPhone 4 with Verizon. I absolutely LOVE it! It helped out tremendously on our last trip (directions, traffic). Love having a camera on it too!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM

I have a Droid X with Verizon and love it. It's a really great phone... I agree - the gps works fabulously - and not all phones have free navigation so you have to be careful with that.
The Droid X even has a spot where you can add a wrist strap which is fabulous for those of us that take our phones on vacation and might use them for taking pictures or letting the kids play Angry Birds...

Having said that - I know nobody else on Verizon so the whole call others for free bit is lost on me. Everyone I know is with AT&T or Sprint. We left AT&T because they didn't have an unlimited plan for their smart phones and we didn't want to risk going over.

I have read that Verizon will be doing away with their unlimited plans soon....
Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I received a Blackberry for Christmas. The idea was to have it be able to interface with the office e-mail account so that I can keep tabs on things.

But... maybe it's NOT so good to always be connected with work. It's probably not healthy to be checking e-mail just before bedtime, and even before morning coffee.

This week it has come "disconnected" and ... it's been kinda nice, actually.

What do I like about it most? It acts like a phone.

What do I like least? It's pretty complicated, and because I don't know how to use the features, my kids think I'm ... old and ... dare I say stupid?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:00 PM

ATT, but more than likely will switch to Verizon...Right now I have a smartphone, my first, an HTC Inspire, and so far so good..My reception with ATT has been less than desirable, too many dropped calls, and the road I take to go "to town"....I'm usually without reception more than I have reception....and it's not the phone, my last phone was worse....I do love my phone though....
Old 07-11-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I have a Droid X with Verizon and love it. It's a really great phone... I agree - the gps works fabulously - and not all phones have free navigation so you have to be careful with that.
The Droid X even has a spot where you can add a wrist strap which is fabulous for those of us that take our phones on vacation and might use them for taking pictures or letting the kids play Angry Birds...

Having said that - I know nobody else on Verizon so the whole call others for free bit is lost on me. Everyone I know is with AT&T or Sprint. We left AT&T because they didn't have an unlimited plan for their smart phones and we didn't want to risk going over.

I have read that Verizon will be doing away with their unlimited plans soon....
As of Wednesday of last week, verizon did away with their unlimited, but because you already have unlimited, you might be grandfathered in to keep it.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 PM

I have an IPhone 4 with AT&T. I LOVE it! The best thing is I can video call my grand-daughter and talk and see her face to face, wherever I have internet access. Everything else only requires a 3G phone signal.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:50 PM

My husband and I switched from Palm Pre to HTC EVO with Sprint.

Love.

I loved my Pre but Android just has so much more to offer in features and apps, and I LOVE the larger screen. I have a number of computers at my disposal but if I don't need to get work done sometimes I don't bother powering up anything but my phone.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:50 PM

I have an Android, a Samsung Epic, Sprint calling plan (unlimited everything). I hate it, am hopelessly unable to use it. I'm not saying it's a bad phone - I don't even know enough to judge that! I can just about manage to make calls and answer them. Oh, I can get on the web, in a limited way.

I can't figure out how to put someone on hold and answer when another call comes. I can't figure out how to drop the voicemail I'm listening to, to get to an incoming call. It makes me literally cry! I can't get it to do anything I want it to (keep the screen on so I can see when the bars are going; make the sound of the caller's voice louder, not the ringtone; let me check my email without checking it for me...)

The Epic's battery needs constant recharging. I replaced a Wal-mart phone because I never got many bars when everyone else was talking away. Best phone, decent plan, still same problem.

So I can't give you much good input, except about the battery.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by grammiepamie
I have a Blackberry Torch. It drives me crazy sometines.
My hubby has a Torch and he says the same thing. Darn thing locks up on me everytime I touch it. I want an iphone4.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Love my Apple iphone. I have AT&T no problems except when overseas. Had problems in Romania and Thailand, but not China or Japan. Love having Internet and email.