Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: smock gathering machine - shop goodwill

Blog Entries

smock gathering machine - shop goodwill

I read yesterday (some where on this board) an interest in this , look what I found this morninghttp://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=9542222

Blog Entries
    what a wonderful find, i used to smock sometimes I think about doing it again....
    Warm Regards,
    Sandra

a few years ago, I found one at a garage sale for $15. The grandmother used it once and had no more need of it. I sold it on ebay for $90. Now I wish I had kept it but i do have way too many crafts. It is all the knowledge of what the item is that locates these interesting items.

I bought a new one years ago and payed the big bucks. Several months ago I bought another at an auction for $5.00. No one else knew what it was.
    Even though I had three boys, I've smocked many dresses and doll dresses to match for nieces, granddaughters, Christmas ornaments and Easter egss. Love doing it as an in the car project.

I have one that my neighbor got for me about 12 yrs ago. The first thing I made on it was a dress for her granddaughter. Then my honey made a wooden holder for it for me. It sits on top of the holder, basically a board the machine is mounted to that can come off the main part of the holder. Inside are metal rods that hold spools of thread. This way I can have all the thread right there feeding into the machine with no troubles. Should dig it out and use it again, but just no time right now.