Snow

Old 01-26-2015, 11:05 PM

Default Snow

Hope you are all safe in your homes with plenty of fabric to all those in United States covered in snow. It looks terrible even New York was closed.keep warm and safe from UK .
we are expecting a few inches at the end of the week.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I agree, Dotty, I'm up very late (or early depending on your perspective) watching news ALL about the closing down of New York. They're saying visibility is less than 50 feet at 3:45am EST. The pictures are amazing and make me cold just sitting here! I hope everyone took heed and will stay safe.

Jan in VA
Old 01-27-2015, 03:32 AM

I was up that early this AM - CST, and turned on Fox News. I couldn't believe how the whole city is paralyzed. I can understand it, but I just couldn't believe it. When my husband worked for the City of St. Paul, he would walk to work in a snow storm so he could help clear streets. I remember when it was soooo cold that water mains would break and he would be the one that jackhammered to get through the street to fix the pipes. Yes, I worried about him. But he did just fine. Well, I wish all safe and sound and pretty soon Spring will be here and my favorite saying of the season is: "WINTER EXISTS TO MAKE SPRING FEEL LIKE A MIRACLE." Smile. Edie
Old 01-27-2015, 04:19 AM

Was outside at 5:30 (Socrates had to use the facilities), and it looked like we didn't get hit as hard as it had potential to. We've had worse.
I think they closed down the city, and suburbs to protect the people from themselves, more than anything else. It is also easier to clean the roads when they are clear of stupid drivers Last year, there were many people that got stuck in their cars, and there was potential for life threatening events..
The storm is not over, but there isn't much activity right now...
Old 01-27-2015, 05:20 AM

Right now, the snow is blowing hard sideways and I can barely see across the street. The news says people are staying home, which is good so the plows can do their work without interference. I think we have 12" so far here on our property. So far, we have power and are warm and safe. Hope the power stays on so I can sew!! We'll have to get out in a bit and start clearing, doing it in shifts so it's not so hard all at once. Aaaah, Winter!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 AM

We weren't supposed to get snow but we got about 1 1/2" in Virginia Beach. Expected to get up to almost 40 today so it will all be gone soon.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:15 AM

prayers and hugs to all in the storm area -- I feel almost guilty about our weather being sunny and temps to be in the low 70s the next several days -- stay warm and safe!!
Old 01-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Lyn

Watched 3 plows bog down in front of our house. They had to keep backing up and try again. That's kind of unusual for NH. We have about 2 1/2 ft. The wind is making the snow fly horizontal. Such is New England.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:21 AM

Please, if you are in the path of this storm do not venture out. It is beyond miserable out there with the cold, 9 degrees here, and 45 mph winds with blowing and drifting snow and another storm coming Friday. :-P
Old 01-27-2015, 08:31 AM

I am in Massachusetts and we are getting hammered. I am thankful I have power so I can work on a project today. If I lose power I will do some handwork. The snow does look so pretty as I look out the window. Stay safe everyone!