Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: So, do I forgive him?

Better his beard than any paper products. My DH has a beard too. Kinda partial to it looking trim.
    Carol in Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
    I'm going to answer with a quilting answer - can you show us a picture?
    I would have LOVED to have a picture. I'd already left for work when this happened. Wish I'd seen it!

Yeah, I've forgiven him. He's a pretty great guy and also my best friend. He's getting new scissors and trimmer for Father's Day.
    Remember the teakettle...it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!

A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards. ~ Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacup View Post
    I would have LOVED to have a picture. I'd already left for work when this happened. Wish I'd seen it!

Yeah, I've forgiven him. He's a pretty great guy and also my best friend. He's getting new scissors and trimmer for Father's Day.
    Glad all is well.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I was going to say that, then remembered I'm on the quilt board and not Knitting Paradise. lol

Quote Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
    I agree with this - I believe he gets a pass. I doubt very much that it hurt your scissors. Beards are a natural fiber - right?
    :-)
    CAS

It's paper that dulls scissors because of the wood pulp in it. I've never heard anything suggesting beards would be damaging to scissors, and when I wore bangs I often trimmed them with the best scissors from the sewing room. I think I'd be annoyed if he used them on his toenails, though. Gotta have some respect!
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

I bought inexpensive scissors at Walmart and have them stashed everywhere. My husband has been repeatedly warned to not touch the sewing scissors. However, I still haven't been able to break him from using my kitchen shears on paper! May have to buy a daggone lock!!!
    Karen in Kentucky

Hey, he went to work and brings home a paycheck. So if he's otherwise a good husband and this is a one-time deal, I say forgive him.

Yep! Think he deserves a pass this time. Now when my dad used my moms to trim his toenails. . .

Better to replace the scissors that have your hubby look like a wild man....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4