Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: So excited for my nephew today!

Blog Entries

So excited for my nephew today!

The local county fair had a special category this year for first responders. I nominated my nephew for it and today is the ceremony. We are thinking he is either getting a quilt or an afghan made by one of the residents of the county who entered it in this special category. There is a brief ceremony followed by a covered dish dinner. As luck would have it, being a paramedic, he is unable to attend but I am going to accept it with his little boy. His grandparents, mom and aunt are also going.I am so proud of him! Will post pics later if I can!

Congratulations to him and to you for nominating him.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    while he did not get a quilt he got a beautiful fleece tied throw made by a 4-H group. It is so warm and soft. I still have it in my car. Hopefully will get it to him tonight! It was a wonderful ceremony and there were approximately 45 quilts/throws/afghans. Got to see a few people I haven't seen in years. The only "complaint" and i don't really think it is a complaint was the quilts/throws/afghans were folded on a table so you really did not see what they looked like. I suppose that was for a reason.

Wow, congratulations to both of you! He has a job that not many could handle, so please thank him for his service from me.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs

Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. ~ Allophones Karr

And thank him for me and my family! We, as a community, need to recognize and appreciate those among us who give their time and risk their lives for us on a daily basis! Hugs to him and to you for being so proud of him!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    A big congrats yo him.

Congratulations to him!! Please post photos after the ceremony.

Blog Entries
    are you believing I just got the throw to my nephew on Saturday????? he is so busy with working as an paramedic full time, emt on the weekends, and taking firefighters course. plus i was under the weather for about two weeks and so was he!i am going to try and post pictures of the throw. he loved it!
    Last edited by ragqueen03; 10-22-2012 at 02:06 PM.