Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: so hot here in ohio!

Blog Entries

so hot here in ohio!

it is so hot here in ohio (that and I think I may be having the power surges that come with age!) I am thinking tonight I am going to make some sweet tea, crank the air conditioning, put on some christmas movies in the dvd, and cut out squares for a rag quilt. I am hoping by looking at the snow it will cool me off and by cutting some squares i can make a dent in the cluttered girl cave!

I hope you can get some relief from this heat by watching Christmas movies!!! Sounds like it just
    might work!!!

It was hot as crud where we are, also.. and then it rained.. and rained, and rained.. It dropped 20 degrees.. Whoa.. Happy dance time? My glasses are still getting fogged when I get out of the car..

It was hot here again today in New York State too. I am ready for FALL which is my favorite season.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Yep, 96 in central VA today, and H-U-M-I-D!!!
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Power Poster
    It feels like August instead of July weather here also. My garden is dry and even a few leaves are dropping off the trees early. I am watering but a nice soaking rain would be welcome. Yesterday was the 110 anniversary of the air conditioner invention and I say"well done" to the inventor. I don't think I could have made it through this heat wave without it.

It has been relentless here , I feel like I am in the land of brown ( lawn trees ..everything ) and crispy ! Desperate for rain ... all we got was bit of thunder today.. not a drop of rain.

Bring on the snow!
    At least being near Lake Erie, it is "slightly" cooler.

Summers here is WI used to be nice... the grass was green all summer long & you only had to run the A/C from time to time. You certainly could open your windows at night. This year? Ha! Even our weeds are wilted! It's awful! It did rain a little dab tonight but not enough to do any good.. just enough to make it more humid. I know I'll be singing a different song come January, but still...

I don't even want to see my electric bill this month! Yikes!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

It was 86 degrees here in southeastern VA when DH got home at 11:30 Wednesday night. It had dropped a whole 10 degrees from the afternoon high of 96. It is also so humid you need gills to breathe outside!
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast