Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So, how's everybody doing?..... >

So, how's everybody doing?.....

So, how's everybody doing?.....

Old 12-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Think I'm down to wrapping and cooking, the rest can wait.

Have a Happy Holiday !!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:50 PM

One of the benefits of growing older is, you pass off the stress of Christmas to the younger generation, sit back and enjoy the season. Years ago when dgc were young and their parents had money woes, I was Santa and tried to buy the big items they wanted. Now they have their own family and I let my daughter worry about her grandchildren's gifts from Santa.

I talked to my son in Montana yesterday and he told me his 5 yo daughter was worried that Santa would skip their house because he (my son) kept getting her in trouble.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:07 PM

I am done just doing the wrapping, as for food I have sausage balls in the freezer and will be doing some deviled eggs and cheese and crackers for snacks to hold us for the main event. We always have prime rib for Christmas (it is my SIL favorite) and just a couple of sides. We are pretty low key, just hanging out and enjoying the day. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:47 PM

We have our get together on Christmas eve. Should be about 25 of us. I'm just fixing 3 kinds of soup and everyone brings something to go with that or desserts. I just finished with 4 queen size quilts for our 4 children. I made them all dresden plates quilts but in different colors. I don't think I will ever make another dresden plate again. I hand quilted one and machine quilted the other 3 on the DS machine. That pattern was getting rather boring at the last.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:11 PM

I have the binding yet to put on FILs quilt. Been making cookies, fudge, flat rock candy,choc coveredritz peanut butter crackers, just finished putting together the GD's John Deere turf tractor! :( Have been running DH around some as he has been stuck in the house since his surgery. I AM TIRED and my shoulder is hurting from picking up that john deere thing. other than that I am great. lol. Gotta love the season!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:18 PM

I thought I was going to lose my mind with all that I wanted to do, so I'm not doing it! I'm done. Today I had the most wonderful day with my dd. We went shopping. Just she and I... no kids. We haven't done this for three years! We had a nice lunch and just took our time. What a wonderful day!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Everything is done except cleaning the house. Sounds efficent doesn't it?LOL Actually, I've still got two very last minute gifts to wrap, and some pecan tarts to bake, but tose are last minute. Hubby has a raspberry cheesecake in the oven baking, he made sausage balls last night, and a cheese ball today, and Friday he will make stuffed mushrooms . He pretty much does the Xmas eve snacks, I make the sweets. All the kids will be here plus a GD's boyfriend., so that is 13 people, unless someone else drops by. We will have a good evening, unwrap gifts, and most will be gone by 10;30. Some a lot earlier! hen in the morning, all will come back for brunch We don't have a big special dinner anymore. My kids alwasy had in-laws to go to also, so we just pared ours down to lots of snacks and a few glasses of wine Xmas eve, and breakfast in the morning. I think my daughter is going to spend the night with us rather than drive home alone late. I hope so!! I have so enjoyed seeing all the pretties today and reading the board. I enjoed that so much. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, and a safe one.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

This has been a not-so-good Christmas season for me. DH and I had a stomach thing that lasted too long so I'm behind on a lot. I feel terrible over all the things I didn't do but it always seems to work out.
One of my sons will be here tomorrow night from D.C. and Thursday he and I planned lunch and shopping. I love doing that with him! Christmas Eve we have a feast, part Italian, all fab foods that my DH and sons make. My sister and I do the baking. Christmas Day we nibble more and just chill out.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Still working on some bandana's for our Grand-dog Snickers. The rest of the week I will be cleaning and baking to be ready for Christmas Eve dinner at our house. Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Just need to buy stocking stuffers and do my gift wrapping...last cookies out of the oven about an hour ago, finished a quillow yesterday for my son's girlfriend...of course there is more I would like to do, but with working every day the rest of the week, have to be realistic and know that it just isn't going to get done...and I am ok with that....I also made 10 tablerunners/toppers, 30 kleenex holders, 10 ornaments, other shopping, other baking, decorated...I am about worn out...but it has been fun at the same time.