Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So Proud of My Grands/Nieces/Nephews/Etc  Because... >

So Proud of My Grands/Nieces/Nephews/Etc Because...

So Proud of My Grands/Nieces/Nephews/Etc Because...

Old 03-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

Default So Proud of My Grands/Nieces/Nephews/Etc Because...

They are so honest- they haven't learned to be dishonest yet

I sent my grands ages 8 ,8 and 9 up to our local gas/grocery one block away from our house. I gave them each $5 to spend. They came back with $6 and change. They could have spent every single penny but they got what they wanted and brought me the change. I was proud of them for being so honest.

I do have one grandson who is now 13 who will keep the change until asked for it! LOL

Share your stories about your grands or nieces or nephews etc and how proud you are of them for something they did.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:12 PM

I'll bite, I can't resist telling stories of my grands.

Proud of my 5 yr old grand daughter, who is so compationate. When only four, and enrolled in preschool, she befriended a handicapped child, and helps her with various things. When being enrolled in big school the childs parents have requested placement in the same class. They said that most people stare, and most children don't are not nurtureing enough to notice or care that someone else needs help. I think she will turn out to have a real big heart.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by fatquarters View Post
I'll bite, I can't resist telling stories of my grands.

Proud of my 5 yr old grand daughter, who is so compationate. When only four, and enrolled in preschool, she befriended a handicapped child, and helps her with various things. When being enrolled in big school the childs parents have requested placement in the same class. They said that most people stare, and most children don't are not nurtureing enough to notice or care that someone else needs help. I think she will turn out to have a real big heart.
What a beautiful granddaughter you have! One that is beauty of the soul and understands compassion. She has been taught well! and has inherited her generous spirit I am sure!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Any more stories of your grands or nieces/nephews? I'd love to hear them!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:15 AM

In February my nephew James, a New York City Fireman, met the 6 year old girl whose life his bone marrow saved. He met her and her family when he was honored by the Fire Dept. at their annual awards ceremony.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
In February my nephew James, a New York City Fireman, met the 6 year old girl whose life his bone marrow saved. He met her and her family when he was honored by the Fire Dept. at their annual awards ceremony.
Definitely something to be proud of!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 AM

I have 3 Eagle Scout grandsons from 2 of my daughters. I am very proud of my boys. One of them is a bone marrow donor.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:21 PM

I have 2 mentally challenged granddaughters {twins} that have been told all there lives they will never make it. Have even been discouraged in school by teachers and bullied by classmates. Well come May they are BOTH graduating I am truly very proud of them and their mother. Mom has always told them they can do anything if they put there minds to it.and has always had a strong shoulder to lean on.
I am also especially proud of one of my grandsons who was raised by an mentally abusive step mom and a dad that didn't step up to the plate and defend his son. This young man never had any guidance or love shown to him he had no social skills what so ever He basically grew up living alone in there basement even having his meals sent down to him walk to school mom drove other kids and their friends. the storry goes on and on. Disspite all this he is a productive young adult living on his own and doesn't ever blame his parents[ real mom gave him up to dad]for anything always accepts responsibility for his actions. Truly overcame his childhood
Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 AM

I want to brag on my daughter who, despite having ADD, being bipolar, having a learning disorder, a teen pregnancy and other difficulties throughout her life, has worked hard to be a loving mother and has earned her Master's Degree in Special Education, Early Childhood Intervention. She teaches in an intercity school by choice as that is where she feels she is most needed.
School has never come easy for her, but she has not let that hold her back, and has let her personal experiences in the school system guide her in her desire to help children overcome those same roadblocks she and we, as her parents, had to struggle against.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:52 AM

I have been blessed with 8 grandchildren to be proud of...and 1 on the way! Here is one story:

Brianna is 6 yrs old. She is a hearing child but I've been teaching her sign language since before she was a year old. There is a 5 yr old boy that comes to our church that is severly hard of hearing. He mostly communicates through sign language. Unfortunately his teachers at church don't know sign so for now he goes to the 2-5 yr old group instead of going with the school age children. When I dropped my younger granddaughter (age 4) off in the class room Brianna asked if this boy could go with her to the older class. I talked to the teacher and assured her I would stay with them as well and off we went. Brianna made sure he was included in all activities, sat by him and helped him understand what was going on and how to behave. She is so comapassionate and loving to everyone but her care and concern that this child should be included in activities with his age group just made my heart swell.

I'm sure other stories about my other grands will come to mind...so BBL!
Diannia