Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So, what's in YOUR bedside table?! >

So, what's in YOUR bedside table?!

So, what's in YOUR bedside table?!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 AM

I have a table with a lamp, clock, angel statue and an old porcelain box and a box of tissues.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Marcia I do sudoku too - have you ever gone to websudoku.com. One more reason to get on the computer, like we need one.
Yes, I have worked puzzles there too. But, I will admit that I am more of a pencil and paper girl, so I prefer my page-a-day calendar puzzle or my books.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:07 AM

Right NOW, I don't even have my night tables in my room, since I'm moving in 2 days, heck my bed is upright in the living room, lol!
However, until yesterday, I had a lamp, a box of kleenex and a few quilting and wedding magazines on the top; bottom drawer had socks, middle drawer had underpants, and top drawer had bras. No condoms, (I'm allergic, ya what a stupid allergy!) but there were a couple of other things I had to quickly hide since my parents were over helping me pack up my house :oops: :shock:
Old 06-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

No end tables....but a funny story....was helping friends move, we picked up the bookcase headboard and a door opened. I went to shut it and got a glimpse inside :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock: I made the other two guys leave the room and had the owners :oops: :oops: come in and empty it in privacy....It happened in 1985 but I still tease them about it :twisted:
Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Got a fairly good idea of what the last 2 posts were about. I hope I don't die suddenly before I get to "clean up" things. teehee
Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Got a fairly good idea of what the last 2 posts were about. I hope I don't die suddenly before I get to "clean up" things. teehee
I came in with a BANG and will be buying nightstands so I can go out with a BANG too.....
I love shocking my kids....may even place things in there JUST for a shock factor to make them laugh when I am gone....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 06-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Funny story. When I was a kid, my parents used to keep envelopes with photos in them (before digital) in their night tables, and one day I was going through the photos, looking for something. I came across a g-string, but I had NO idea what it was, I asked my mum if it was a "one boob bra". Her answer was 'GET OUT OF THERE!!!!'
Years later I figured out what it was and was totally grossed out!
Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Amma, what a great idea. Get ridiculous things to shock and embarrass the kids...."Eeeeewwwww, Mom's arent' supposed to know about this stuff!"

My night stand is an avalanche zone right now with two rosaries, books and meditation cds, kleenex, alarm clock, lotions, cd player, embroidery floss in an envelope and lots of dust. Inside I did an archaeological dig, because it has been so long since I've opened the drawers. So long that I found hair removal strips for my legs that I purchased....well, many, many years ago. Good Lord, how many bottles of lotion do I need? Evidentally a lot. Batteries, Love and Logic tapes (yes, tapes) and workbook. Journal in which I wrote for about a month then forgot about it. A Marriage Encounter journal and book. More lotion???? Anyone need lotion? Pens and several pencils, and colored markers. A bookmark my youngest made back in 1987 with his school picture laminated in it.

Obviously, I'm a pack rat. Could be why I'll never live long enough to use all the fabric I have stashed.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

DH and I have matching night stands. No drawer in them. We each have a lamp. DH has a clock on his side and I have a small box of tissues. That's all. Much faster to dust with less stuff on the tables. I'm into fast and easy for all housework.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:57 PM

wow everyone!! some of us have some GREAT stuff in our tables!! We have 2 junk drawers in our kitchen (one for him and one for the kids) and the DH asked why not one for me - I said my bedside table WAS my junk drawer!

so how many have now cleaned OUT their bedside tables since you've spent some time going through it!?