Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
software support (WARNING THIS IS A SCAM) >

software support (WARNING THIS IS A SCAM)

software support (WARNING THIS IS A SCAM)

Old 04-05-2011, 10:42 PM

people are phoning people saying they have been getting lots of error message reports from microsoft and they will help you help you fix the problem if you go to your computer they will help you as you have been infected by a trogan horse one of the worst viruses around.
WHAT EVER YOU DO. DO NOT LET THEM NEAR YOUR COMPUTER THEY ARE HACKERS WANTING TO GET INTO YOUR COMPUTER, they will install the trogan horse and infect your computer. then they will get hold of all your personal information including you bank details. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TALK TO THEM JUST HANG UP
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 PM

That's terrible ! I hope their liters crash! Lol
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 PM

thank yu very much :)
Old 04-06-2011, 12:47 AM

I let fly at the poor bloke on the end of the phone the last time they rung me, I hate that they are preying on people who might not know how easy it is for these scammers to rip them off. I hope his ears where burning and that they will never ring me again!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by litacats
people are phoning people saying they have been getting lots of error message reports from microsoft and they will help you help you fix the problem if you go to your computer they will help you as you have been infected by a trogan horse one of the worst viruses around.
WHAT EVER YOU DO. DO NOT LET THEM NEAR YOUR COMPUTER THEY ARE HACKERS WANTING TO GET INTO YOUR COMPUTER, they will install the trogan horse and infect your computer. then they will get hold of all your personal information including you bank details. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TALK TO THEM JUST HANG UP
I have caller ID. If I don't recognize the # or name I don't answer. If it is important they will leave a message. I went off on some guy from an electric company offering me a lower price on electricity. He got a little rude and I got rude right back. Don't mess with an angry grannie.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Banned

This is a real warning!!! Ask me how I know? Fortunately,my ISP comes with online tech support and they fixed it right away. I was dumb enough to open it as I thought it was a ligitimate message from microsoft.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

I shut down my computer immediately after getting these pop ups now. I hadn't heard about getting phone calls regarding this :roll: what will they think of next?
I would probably go off on them too :D:D:D
Old 04-06-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
This is a real warning!!! Ask me how I know? Fortunately,my ISP comes with online tech support and they fixed it right away. I was dumb enough to open it as I thought it was a ligitimate message from microsoft.
they are not just sending emails now they are actually phoning you and asking you to go to your computer so they can fix it for you, I rang the scam hotline and this has been happening in Australia now for a couple of months. they sound very convincing so if you are not aware of the scam you can be sucked in very easy,
I told him I was busy getting meals ready and to ring me back later, by that time I had checked it out. I gave him a blistering when he rang back and told him I had informed the police of his scam and told him not to ring me again in no uncertain terms.
unforunately becasuse it is from overseas they cannot prosecute them.