Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Somebody spilled the Beans!! >

Somebody spilled the Beans!!

Somebody spilled the Beans!!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:40 PM

I only found out by accident.........Let me tell you a little about myself first. DH and I are both 44 and we got married right out of high school. Tuesday was our 25th wedding anniversary. We went out to supper and had a nice evening, just the 2 of us, which doesn't happen very often. Our daughter is married with a 22 month old DGD who we see at least 3X a week. Our son is in college and just left from Christmas break last weekend. Today my BIL came into my ofice at work and said" That party at your house tomorrow, well I won't be able to come cuz I will be working. I had no idea what he was talking about. When I went for lunch I asked DH about it. He was so mad... He (with the help of a lot of friends and family members) have been planning a surprise anniversary party, for me mostly, for over a month and my BIL had to spoil it 1 day before the party. I don't like to talk mean about people but I swear he isn't happy unless he is making someone else unhappy. I am sure I will still enjoy the party, they are planning on around 100 people to come, but why do people have to do mean things???
Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 PM

Gosh, Im sorry that happened. I suggest that you pretend to not know about the party so that at least the guests will enjoy the "surprise" aspect.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

Pardon the language but that just plain sucks. But look at the bright side... He won't be there!!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Focus on the positive and know that you are incredibly loved to have someone like your DH and friends plan such a day for you. Meditate a moment and "forget" what was told to you and tell you husband you will be "surprised" and are extremely pleased and humbled by all that was done on your behalf. Send fun pics from your party (smile).
Old 01-21-2011, 01:04 PM

did he not know it was a surprise perhaps? Your DH must be planning to take you somewhere so when you arrive home all the guests will be there?Do you know how he is planning to get you away from the house until all is ready? (Maybe he is taking you shopping at a LQS! - he knows that will use up time. LOL) Do you know who will be there? what they will serve? if there will be gifts? If the answer to any of these are "no", then it is going to be a surprise!

If there are going to be all those people, how can you help but not have a wonderful time!
Old 01-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Same thing happened when I planned a party for my sister and BIL. One of the step-nephews wasn't told it was a surprise and when he ran into my sis just said how sorry he couldn't make it to the family party...... At the time we were always having one family party or get together. Sis told me later she thought we were up to something.......
Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 PM

What a turkey he is! Have a ball anyway! Congrats on a happy marriage!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

yes, but was he being mean or just stupid??
Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Pardon the language but that just plain sucks. But look at the bright side... He won't be there!!
LOL! :lol:
Old 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM

No, I don't know all the details, just where we are going and what time to be there.
I think he was being mean, DH had just talked to him about 45 minutes prior and specifically told him that it as a surprise for me. Like I told DH, he's just not happy unless he is making someone else uphappy.
I am very blessed that I got the good egg in the family. I know I am loved and cherished and very spoiled when we can afford it, lol. (BTW the nearest LQS is 2 hours away so that is a rare treat) He doesn't make that trip with me except once a year, lol.