Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Someone is spying on me

Blog Entries
    don't touch it... leave it go.................... if someone is watching you, just smile or stick out your tongue! hee hee
    Squirrelly Shirley

I think it is the CEO and the developer of that program that is spying on you, LOL. I downloanded adblocker on my computer and that eliminates most of the ads. The ones that bug me are the ones that come through on facebook as a post from my friends. Wouldn't it be wonderful if these creative geniuses could channel their brilliance for good things?

https://www.abine.com/dntdetail.php
    It works on the Firefox browser, others may have a similar feature. Firefox offers it for free in their add on section. But as usual there is a buy it feature. I use the free version and it is just fine. I have had it on this machine since November of last year and it has blocked over 146,000 social and company sites from tracking me.

I use this on both my PC and Laptop. It blocks companies and social sites from stalking me...lol
    It works great, I just conducted a brief experiment....
    I went to 5 newspaper websites I read (local newspapers where family live) and 3 news sites. Blocking stats ranged from 4 blocks to up to 12 for my hometown newspaper site in Michigan.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

If you pay attention, you'll notice that the ads will reflect what you've been looking at in websites, etc. The downside of being online is that everything is set up to keep track of what YOU'RE interested in, and the ads reflect it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4