Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: source for zippers?

Question source for zippers?

I'm wanting to make some bigger/better bags with zippers and pockets. But I'm finding zippers are expensive. Anyone know of a reliable source for bulk zippers in multiple sizes?

Blog Entries
    Try http://www.zipperstop.com/ . I bought some separating zippers from them off Amazon and was able to get exactly the length I wanted for creating zippered leaders for my longarm frame. Aside from their website and Amazon, they also sell on eBay.

Edit: I will say that the choices on their website are overwhelming. I'm glad I didn't have to wade through all of those options to find the zippers for my quilting leaders!

Super Member Damsel in DisDress's Avatar
    I got a whole bunch of zippers, different colors and sizes at Joann's in the clearance section.

Quote Originally Posted by Damsel in DisDress View Post
    I got a whole bunch of zippers, different colors and sizes at Joann's in the clearance section.

Lucky girl! I'll have to keep looking.

Try zipit. Haven't used it, but am thinking of getting some zips for snap bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Try http://www.zipperstop.com/ . I bought some separating zippers from them off Amazon and was able to get exactly the length I wanted for creating zippered leaders for my longarm frame. Aside from their website and Amazon, they also sell on eBay.

Edit: I will say that the choices on their website are overwhelming. I'm glad I didn't have to wade through all of those options to find the zippers for my quilting leaders!
    I second Zipperstop. I have ordered from them once and my sister several times. I ordered from their website or you can call with questions and to order, they are very helpful. I ordered a lot of 100-7" nylon zippers for tissue cases. The prices are very reasonable but I do think shipping is a little expensive. I think it was $8+ on a $20 something order. Zippers came out to be $.35 with shipping added to the cost.