South beach buddy?

Old 07-12-2011, 04:42 AM

Okay - when do you all want to start? I think I am in for today!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:45 AM

Can we all pledge to at least 20 minutes of exercise from 4-5 times a week? We can report our progress on here weekly - not our weights but how we are doing with the diet, and how we are doing with our exercise. We can also post HELPs!!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by tdgiffin
thank you. I have never tried Weight Watchers. I would rather not pay for a program because when I stuck to it, the South Beach was very healthy and I lost a lot of weight pretty quickly.

I have kept off the fifteen I lost for good, but fifteen more needs to go. I have developed heart issues, and I need to get in shape!
South Beach diet is a very heathy eating style to go by. It gives you a mix of the things that you need. I love when I cut carbs because the first thing to go is my tummy; which is as it should be because that is the first thing that comes when you gain. After about the first 3 days you quit craving carbs and you feel really good about yourself. I need to lose about 20 lbs so this is the diet that always works for me. I had the surgery to lose weight years ago but I still have to watch what I eat or I'll gain; that is just the way life is; no easy fixes.

No matter what way you chose to lose weight drinking water is an important step. Not only does it help you feel full it cleanses the body and may prevent having problems with your gallbladder.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:18 PM

I started today! I got in the pool (the blow up kind LOL)
and did my water aerobics. I worked out with my water weights for 40 minutes. Thank goodness the pool is 42" deep. I am pooped tonight.
My only problem is......I saw my Boston Terrier, Louie jump up and peek over the pool. All I saw was eyes and ears. Then WHAM.....he was over the edge and into the pool. He scared me to death. I had no idea he could get into that pool by himself. The pool is 16' wide so I took him to the side and told him to "go get in your bed (raft.)" He swam across the pool and climbed into the raft. I made him do that twice to make sure he could do it. When I got ready to get out, I told him to get out of the pool. He leaned over the edge of the raft and make it float to the side of the pool and he jumped out. He is just too darn smart. We are going to work on climbing the ladder tomorrow. Hey, he is fat too! It beats taking him for a walk when my knee still hurts from knee replacement surgery. LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 06:08 PM

[No matter what way you chose to lose weight drinking water is an important step. Not only does it help you feel full it cleanses the body and may prevent having problems with your gallbladder.[/quote]

Even then weight loss can effect your gallbladder, lost 25 lbs on South Beach and had my gallbladder out. Dr said it is common when over weight and then losing it, go figure.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Lol! Crazy dog!
Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 PM

If I do down a few dress sizes, the gall bladder can go. I don't care! lol
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM

I kept hanging onto all my clothes that were too big as well as the ones that were too small. I finally made the decision the give away to clothes that were too big to someone who needed them. It was a great decision. I have no more "fat" clothes in case I gained weight, because I refuse to gain back what I have fought so hard to lose. I am finally in a size 18 and able to wear the clothes that were too small and now my goal is a 16. Baby steps. One size down at a time.

Anyone have tasty recipes? I don't have a SB book.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 AM

I think I have 2 or 3 of the cookbooks, are you looking for anything special?
One of our (DH & I) favorites is the stuffed mushrooms, they are also a big hit when I serve them to others.
We also like the portabello mushroom pizza. I can post the receipes if anyone is interested?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:17 AM

Recipes would be great!