Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Hats...

Blog Entries
    My 98 yr told MIL used to wear high heels (of course nylons), GLOVES, and hat to go grocery shopping! Imagine...anybody heard of that before? She is from Alberta prairie country. She never went to town in pants.

Blog Entries
    When I was a kid women would dress in heels, hats, gloves to go to the CITY (San Francisco). Then the hippies came and SF hasn't been the same since:)

My grandmother always "dresses" for shopping.

Blog Entries
    This grandmother dresses for shopping, too. My paint clothes to the paint store. Covered in thread snips to the quilting store. Gardening clothes to the garden center. I do try to clean up a little for planned tips, but no longer wear 4 inch heels to grocery shop. I did 44 years ago.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Shoot, I remember being sent off to Germany as a new bride in 1969, by my mother and grandmother from VA, in a suit and white gloves on the plane.
    Within 7 years I was wearing *very* short cut-off jean shorts, tank tops, and sandals in Colorado, LOL!! How time changes, sigh. 8-) Now people barely even dress for church.

Jan in VA

I remember dressing up to go to the movies and fly on a plane. My mom made sure we looked good before these activities.

Blog Entries
    My Grandmother never wore pants either. She always went out with a dress, nylons & low heals.

community benefactor Parrothead's Avatar
    And we dressed (cocktail) up for the shows in Las Vegas. We were there last month and most were in tank tops and shorts. In the 60's not only did I wear gloves to church but so did my 3 little girls. And of course, hats.

I grew up in NJ, suburb of NYC. My first interviews were with gloves, but no hat. Circa 1962. No pants to work. I was a legal secretary.

My Mother always dressed before Daddy came home from work...out of her houseclothes and into a pretty dress and usually platform heals. I don't think I saw one "dressy" outfit Easter Sunday at church....there were even women in capris...sorry don't like it. Dressing up for some occasions just shows respect..even for yourself.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast