Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Note To Anyone Who Might Need a Bit of Help Buying Groceries (Or Wants To Save Money!) :-)

With the economy like it is, many folks are having a hard time making ends meet.

Some of you probably know about Angel Food Ministries already, but I thought I'd mention them in case you're not familiar with them. (No affiliation -- just a happy customer. :) )

In a nutshell, Angel Food Ministries helps provide low-cost food to anyone who'd like to order it. There are no income requirements, no qualification forms to fill out, no questions asked. You can order even if you just want to save money on your food bill. It's open to everyone.

Every month they offer several different assortments of food. There are one or two large boxes of meat, veggies, main dishes, side dishes, milk, eggs, and even a dessert item. There are also boxes of just fruits and veggies, boxes for kids, boxes for those with food allergies, boxes of assorted seafood, steak boxes, chicken boxes, etc. They don't have all the assortments available every single month, but they always have a great variety. Prices start at around $20 or so, and go up to about $41.

The way it works is: You place your order by the monthly due date, and pick up your food a few days later, on a prearranged date/time (ours is always on a Saturday morning; others probably are, too). Usually the pickup location is at a church, since AFM works through churches. You don't have to be a member of that (or any) church.

You can look up your local pickup location and view their currently menu on their website at http://www.angelfoodministries.com I think they're in most states now, and I believe most locations are now offering online ordering as well. :)

We've been buying from them for about 2 years now, and have been pleased with every single thing we've bought. The food is of excellent quality and is a great value.

Anyway, I just placed my order, and happened to think that someone else might could use this information, so I decided to pass it on. :)

a great program!!

awesome

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the reminder. We have one in our city but I always forget about them.

Thanks!

My sister n law and her mother uses they're services. Can't complain about the food, Mom has used them a few times and always a good supply of groceries. Like CJ, I forget about them!

Thank you *so* much for this info! There is one just a few miles from my house!

Banned
    great idea for those who fall in the not poverty level but still need help.... I know how that is. I am glad to see they offer things like that where you live. :-)

Blog Entries
    Thank you for thinking of others!

I have used and helped with similar programs in many states. They are wonderful.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast