Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The spoiled Under - 40 Crowd >

The spoiled Under - 40 Crowd

The spoiled Under - 40 Crowd

Old 02-09-2010, 09:35 AM

I am 36 and remember alot of that. I can also remember BEING the remote control!

That was great...thanks for sharing!
Old 02-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Those days are gone for good! I'm glad my kids and grands have so much more fascinating options then I did at their age.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:46 AM

Very funny, I can relate to all of it!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 AM

I sm 34 and that Tape with the DJ thing was the worst thing in the world to me. . . my how things change!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Right on!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel
The part that really bothers me with the younger generation (okay, I'm only 37) is their sense of entitlement, like life OWES them something. Hello? Get up, get a job and go work for it. Earn it like everyone else has had to.
THANK YOU ~~~ And by the way THEY AREN'T THE ONLY WOMEN TO HAVE EVER HAD BABIES!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Just about died laughing when we told our son that when we were in college, there were no phones in the rooms, only one down the hall. When the phone rang, you hoped someone would answer it then leave it hanging while they went down to your room to get you. The look on his face was priceless. Oh how times change.
Wendy
Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

The problem today is that when the electricity goes out the kids just about go mad. They nolonger have imaginations. I remember that the snow, ice, rain or the wind couldn't keep us from running around outside. we would spend hours playing outside and inside.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rachel
The part that really bothers me with the younger generation (okay, I'm only 37) is their sense of entitlement, like life OWES them something. Hello? Get up, get a job and go work for it. Earn it like everyone else has had to.
Scuuuuuuse me!!! Pet peeve: WHO exactly supports that sense of entitlement????? Every teenager thinks at some time that the universe revolves around him or her. In fact, it's a definition of "teenager" - - - something like self-centered, egotistical, inconsiderate toward others......

I was that way too and my Mom and other adults taught me that I wasn't all that. If parents allow the behavior and fulfill every wish - how are those young people supposed to learn the ropes of life? Well - I guess they will when someone says NO to them.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 PM

O how true. We are going thru a situation right now with BIL where he and wife are going thru a divorce and wife is putting their 12 year old right between them. She fills his head with how it is all fathers fault, tells him how 'wronged' she is, gives him the entire money situation, countermands every consequence the father tries for inappropriate behavior, bribes him with whatever he wants or when he throws a fit, lets him stay up all nights playing video games or fighting with him then doesn't make him go to school, etc., etc. They have created a monster and DH and I get all the phone calls. I am terrified this is going to escalate and someone is going to be hurt. He was angry at a consequece the dad had implemented for behavior so he went to fridge, took out a bottle of ketsup and threw it all over dads truck and the mobile home. SIL threw a fit this AM because BIL said they MUST work together to calm son down for his sake and she replied screaming " 'obcenity' you, your'e sick!!!" BIL decided to leave house until things calmed down. Bad part is that they have had issues in the past where she had lied and had him arrested for domestic abuse so he has a record. She keeps threatening to call police on him and "he will be sorry". We feel absolutely helpless. They both were unwilling to do anything when he was young and now he has them exactly where he wants them, playing them to do whatever he wants. They have created a monster. Court won't do anything, they are going to give her full custody. She won't cook anything, they go out to MacD's or pizza every night. It is a horrible situation. Sorry to have spouted off, I'm just so sick about this. Thanks friends.
Wendy