Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Spring has arrived in Australia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie croydon
    I thought I would share a picture of our very old cherry plum tree. It always has a lovely show of blossom just before the leaves come out. The blossom only lasts for a couple of days so we all really enjoy the view.
    This picture is so warm and 'homey' I feel like you live right next door...

Love your tree... and the garden looks so peaceful. Spring has sprung here in Western Australia...some beautiful sunny days but really cold dry nights and mornings. As Litacats mentioned hardly any rain this winter, so I am mulching as much as I can so the plants will have half a chance of survival this summer. I think we are in for a long, dry time and with water restrictions getting more stringent I am planting more waterwise natives.

Oh boy I would love spring but here in the tropics we just get a wet and a dry season. I'm already thinking about turning on the AC, getting a bit humid in Far North Queensland

Blog Entries
    It has been a loverly spring day in McLaren Vale l decided to water my pot plants in the shade house (old clothes line covered in shade cloth) my quick invention when we moved in.
    Lo and behold in my birdnest furn l have two baby birds and parents so l gave them a little drink.Elsie Blight

Wow Jackie that is beautiful, can't believe it's spring there, it's just cooling down going into fall here. I dread the winter. Do you have bad winters there?

Where are U exactly my best friend and her family moved there 3 yrs ago already they are in Queensland and have a beautiful home on the sunshine coast. It is funny because we are from Mich on the sunrise side of the state. Aunt Patti

I live in Minnesota and we are beginning to see the leavs turning red and yellow. It's a beautiful time of the year but I like spring better. Enjoy the blossoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Patti
    Where are U exactly my best friend and her family moved there 3 yrs ago already they are in Queensland and have a beautiful home on the sunshine coast. It is funny because we are from Mich on the sunrise side of the state. Aunt Patti
    Aunt Patti I am driving to the Sunshine Coast in 4 weeks. My daughter and best friend live there

Hi Aussie - Nice to have the sun out for a bit. Drought or no drought I've seen enough rain to last for a while.

Enjoy your spring blossoms - mine are a bit slower coming out but it won't be long.

Beauitful sunny day in Perth today ,I am so glad spring is on its way , our gardern is starting to come alive again.
    Happy Sewing Cathy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4