Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 333 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Stars Foal Watch :)

Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Sadly, this is the 2nd time we've been there for a good friend. It WAS awesome. The first time was just like in the movies: rainy day, walked behind the horsedrawn carriage, military ceremony, 3 gun salute (I think that was the #), and, finally, the inurnment. He would have loved it. For years, he had said he wanted to be buried at Arlington. And, of course, none of us expected to be there to see it.
    7 rifles x 3 volleys = 21-gun salute

I'm sorry for your loss, but am glad you have known some heroes in your life.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Well...I see all the rowdies are geared up for another one! I innocently just sit on the sidelines and watch ya'll... and I'm not saying who is on which side.... :wink:

Now it sounds like I may have really missed with my guess Kay....ask Star..."what the......??"
    You can't fool us....you teeter and totter from side to side

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Girls, I guess we'd better meet tonight then!
    Same place, same time!

And Patti, we all know which side you were on!! LOL
    I'm thinking the same thing????

One question though....is Star going to want as many pages as the rest????

Rest, massage and limber up those fingers...

Blog Entries
    Hey Terri!!! What happens with the poll if she foals before the poll closes and the guesses are not all in :?: :?:

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Sadly, this is the 2nd time we've been there for a good friend. It WAS awesome. The first time was just like in the movies: rainy day, walked behind the horsedrawn carriage, military ceremony, 3 gun salute (I think that was the #), and, finally, the inurnment. He would have loved it. For years, he had said he wanted to be buried at Arlington. And, of course, none of us expected to be there to see it.
    I have been there too, Joanne. It is an impressive place. I also found it to be a very sad place. PBS had a show about Arlington and how many it takes to keep it going and the trained members of the Armed Forces that work there. It was really interesting!

Have fun on your trip! :D Nothing like a 10 yr old grandson!! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Hey Terri!!! What happens with the poll if she foals before the poll closes and the guesses are not all in :?: :?:
    The guess that comes closest ... as in ... if she foals tomorrow ... <g> then whoever was the first date by the time she foals before the last entry ... would be the one who would win ...

I am just guessing ... but, that would be my guess.
    If baby came today, then the person closest to that date would be the winner ... even if the first date guess was ... hmmm July 6, if no one guessed earlier than that, then Omak would win :D ...
    is that about clear as mud?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Boy oh boy! Nobody is guilty! Everyone is an angel!!! :lol: :lol: We have a big storm coming, want to get off computer....see you tonight....

Blog Entries
    I think thats right....whoever had the 1st vote would win if she foaled right now....but since the guesses aren't closed for Terri's list yet, you just know that won't happen anyway. I don't really think we need to worry about it.

AND...for some reason, I'm thinking ya'll are putting me on the totally wrong side of that little teeter totter!!! :roll:

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    I just pulled up the cam and Star looks as wide as she is tall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    That won't happen! I talked with Star and she said she's holding off for my date/time. :)

Page 11 of 333 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast