Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Storm!

Blog Entries
    well every channel is the news...... my two dogs are pacing the floors, my cat is like are you dogs for real? gotta love her.... the humidity is much nicer now.... nice breeze and i am getting my sewing caught up!

We have been getting torrential downpours for a couple hours now here in southeast PA & the wind is picking up, so can't open windows. Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight as they are warning us to stay off 2nd floors because of the trees coming down. Our ground was saturated from the wettest August on record before Irene knocked on our doorstep. It will be a rough night as they are also assuring us that we will be without power somewhere in the middle of the night.

Blog Entries
    I got some unscented dryer sheets and rub on the back of the neck on my dog, and now she is not scrared of storms

tried this the other night and she was fine while the storm was here, she actually went to the window and watched it instead of pacing up and down the floor

Blog Entries
    dryer sheets??? hmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    I got some unscented dryer sheets and rub on the back of the neck on my dog, and now she is not scrared of storms

tried this the other night and she was fine while the storm was here, she actually went to the window and watched it instead of pacing up and down the floor

Blog Entries
    Donna!! in the mail! but maybe i should of put it in a bottle and sent it downstream!

Quote Originally Posted by donnajean
    We have been getting torrential downpours for a couple hours now here in southeast PA & the wind is picking up, so can't open windows. Looks like I'm sleeping on the couch tonight as they are warning us to stay off 2nd floors because of the trees coming down. Our ground was saturated from the wettest August on record before Irene knocked on our doorstep. It will be a rough night as they are also assuring us that we will be without power somewhere in the middle of the night.

Yes, that's why the flooding is so bad down here. All the water from upstream flows down to here.

Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl
    Donna!! in the mail! but maybe i should of put it in a bottle and sent it downstream!

Blog Entries
    well if they would stop all the building up the land we wouldn't have this ............ the rain has no where to go!
    Yes, that's why the flooding is so bad down here. All the water from upstream flows down to here.

Quote Originally Posted by girliegirl

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear

This is something that I have not heard before....Just why does this have such an effect?

I hope everyone is safe!!!

raining in NE PA. Doing a major back up at work on the 4 computers before I leave. There's a creek across the street- they did some major work on it this summer, but I want to be sure my data is safe.

Stay safe everyone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast