Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Storm in Utica ?

Blog Entries
    Looking for information re: the Nor' easter on the east coast. My grandaughter is headed down to
    Boston Sunday morning and I'm very worried. Does anyone on the QB live in Utica or close to it. Like to know how far it is from Boston, I know it takes about 4 or 5 hours by car, and she is traveling alone. appreciate any info about the storm. Is Utica near Syracuse or Albany ? Thanks for any help. Merry Christmas !!

Utica is about an hour from Syracuse. She is probably on the NYS thruway and they keep that as clean as they can. She'll go outside of Albany on the way.

The weather report earlier said the storm isn't suppose to start till tomorrow afternoon with the heaviest during the night and through to Monday noon.

If she leaves early enough she should avoid the heavy part of the storm. They are predicting snow in the NYC area Sunday after noon and by Boston by Sunday night. She probably will take I-90 which is kept clean.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all so much for your help. It means a lot to have you people (friends) out there when needing help! She is planning on leaving NY about 8 am or so. Should avoid the storm I think ( I pray ) Thank you all again and please have the Merriest Christmas possible and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Is she there yet? The snow here started a little earlier than predicted but the roads are clean. Please post to let us know she made it Ok.

Maria

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maride
    Is she there yet? The snow here started a little earlier than predicted but the roads are clean. Please post to let us know she made it Ok.

Maria
    I apologize ! Should have let you know that she finally changed her mind. Thank God. We didn't know it ourselves until about ? noon or so. Thank you for caring. Stay safe yourself.