Stringless Apron Tutorial

Old 11-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Swap Hosts

Here is the finished one on my good friend, "Olga"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499636[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails stringless-apron-b.jpg  
Old 11-20-2014, 07:13 AM

I agree with you Donna. Cute idea, but just add the ties.

After seeing the picture of the finished product on the mannequin, all I could envision was it draping over an open flame on the front burner if you were reaching across to pots on the back burner.

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
I hate to say it Ladies but to me this rates right up there with big loose long sleeves as being dangerous when you are cooking. If you are wearing it while taking something out of the oven or near a gas or conventional electric stove burner it is potential TROUBLE, and yes, I was shouting that word. Have you ever seen a chef/cook in a commercial establishment wear an apron like that? Of course not! They must comply with certain safety regulations. As the daughter of a Safety Engineer for an insurance conglomerate I learned to look at everything with safety in mind. If you like the pattern, at least make a separate long tie (and keep it in the pocket) that would fit most all sizes. Watch the fat and the skinny chefs on TV to see how they tie their aprons...front or back (once or twice around, in other words) for SAFETY sake!!! Is it any wonder that the style went out of vogue years ago considering how litigious our society is? I doubt that you will find a commercial manufacturer of this style apron...they don't want to be sued. Sorry...I'm off my soapbox now. Stay safe!

Last edited by quiltinglady-1; 11-20-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:35 AM

In my mind, 'my' apron would be a heavier towel, rather than light-weight fabric . . . and my range is electric. Still, I suppose it could present a problem, if one wore it for cooking.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:03 AM
tmw

I would need a tie, I am clumsy and I have a gas stove
Old 11-20-2014, 08:05 AM

It looks very cute but dangerous, I too would be afraid of starting a fire, I'd definitely put ties on it. I'm going to use your tutorial and make these only shorter and call them bibs for the elderly or myself when eating seafood, or other messy foods. I've ruined so many of my blouses and tucking in a paper napkin doesn't always work.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:38 AM

My goodness ladies, I am sure that Krystyna deliberately took the time and energy to make a tutorial about an apron she hates (and uses all the time) just so that everyone could burn up in their kitchen for Thanksgiving??? NOT!!! I thought we are too treat each other with respect and kindness on this board and that first post about safety was anything but kind...no one is forcing anyone else to make anything they don't want to or feels is unsafe??? I'm not sure I would ever venture to have the courage to put a tutorial on this board if it were received as this one has been??? Shame shame...

Krystyna, I think your tute was very well done...great pics and directions...cute fabrics!!! Thanks much!!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Swap Hosts

Thank you, Ronda!
Actually, this is what I usually wear for safety's sake, but it was too hard to do a tutorial on it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499657[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails flame-suit.jpg  
Old 11-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

​Looks handy and would also be good for adult bibs.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:48 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Thanks for the tute, I am going to make some for my granddaughters.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:49 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Thank you, Ronda!
Actually, this is what I usually wear for safety's sake, but it was too hard to do a tutorial on it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499657[/ATTACH]
__________________________________________________ _______

Ahh come on Krystna: you can do it make a tute on this !<laughing > ...