Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Suggestions for buying a new mattress >

Suggestions for buying a new mattress

Suggestions for buying a new mattress

Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 PM

We bought a solid latex mattress Sealy, Venice Beach. It was very expensive. I HATE IT !!!!
We looked at so many mattresses and in the store this one seemed good but when we brought it home and slept on it my hips began to hurt and my back so bad I could hardly walk in the mornings. It makes me feel hot even with a thick matress pad over it. WE then bought one of those 3 inch memory foam pads from Costco. Not much help since the memory foam sinks to the firm one below and it is hot feeling too. I am so thankful to see all the comments because we are going to sell this 200 lb piece of junk and get something better. I thought about the sleep comfort recently and am glad to see the comments so I will go check it out more completely.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:28 AM

I will second this comment. My serta mattresses started sinking in 2 months. full size mattress and only I sleep in it. Paid over $1100 for it. Never will buy a serta again

=Wendy Keys]We have had the same problem with Serta mattresses! We complained and the store suggested we upgrade to the next level; which we did. Those did the saem thing! We will never buy Serta again -ever!! We will go directly to the local Hawn Bedding Mfg. and get our replacements. We are stuck with these for awhile for the price we paid for them.
I sympathize with your frustration.[/quote]
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

i'm thinking about the memory foam because i sometimes sleep on the couch and it has deep foam cushions