Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Surprised by Daughter

Blog Entries
    Yesterday afternoon my "in town" daughter dropped by to pick up a neck pillow I had made for DGD......was showing my DD my new "babies", my FW and my 1941 Singer.....really thought she would be so "whatever"...then i showed her the beginning of a Dresden plate I had put together on my FW using Christmas type fabric.....

She said, oh Wow, will you make me something ? Could have knocked me over with a feather...this is the child that could care less about hand made anything...if it isn't on a computer, come from a box or on a fast track she just doesn't seem to care.

I will make her a wallhanging and be glad to do it! Now the younger child would be so excited if I just made her a toilet paper cover ! Aren't they something....so alike and yet so different !

You never know do you.

Blog Entries
    yes indeed. my two DDs are the same as yours

mine are the same as well!

Have fun making the gift !

I keep hoping for that day...if I ask her if she would like a table runner she says...ok, I guess...really gives me a lot of inspiration to get cracking on one...LOL I couldn't even make my grandson to be a quilt because she didn't want one for him. I made a wall hanging instead...

Mines are always looking for me to make them something. But they don't want to learn to sew or quilt.

Blog Entries
    My two DD's love what I make them but older DD seems to appreciate them more. I think the age difference is why with my two. One is 16 and the other is 24.

My DGD and DGS love the quilts I make them.

I have 2 DD's and the older one is OK with me making her and hubby a quilt. BUT when it came to making her DD a quilt she was different. I had already made up MY mind to make MY grand daughter a SBS and that's just what I made her. My daughter of course really didn't like it. Too bad. She got over it. My little 3 yr. old grand daughter loved it. Memaw was a happy camper......Nuff said.