Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sweet autumn clematis on front fence

Sweet autumn clematis on front fence

Thought I'd share a photo of my beautiful sweet autumn clematis on my front yard fence. It is huge this year and buzzing with hundreds of bees, smells heavenly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    oh that's lovely. mine didn't continue to grow for some reason.

I love Sweet Autumn Clematis!! I have one on my back fence that has kind of gotten overtaken by other vines and my biggest one out front has just a few blooms on it, but an upshoot of it came up right by the driveway and is blooming beautifully. I love the smell as I walk out front. I think it has become one of my favorite plants!! Yours is beautiful, and so are your other flowers in the picture!

Blog Entries
    wow, that's so prolific!
    Nancy in western NY

Hello Proctor, WV. Love that Sweet Autumn.....my people came from Cameron, WV.

Blog Entries
    We are very fortunate that the tall fence we put in to keep our teeny tiny doggies in their own backyard is now engulfed in this wonderful flowering vine. Our neighbors behind us planted it; we think it is very generous of them to share. Just feel guilty because most of the flowers show up on our side of the fence and not on theirs. Okay, only feel a little guilty. What are the pink flowers in front of the clematis?

The pink flowers are a type of sedum, forget the name. Pretty though, huh?

Not familiar with the name "Sweet Autumn" but it looks like mine - piniculata (sp?). Same thing?? Mine is not quite in bloom yet. Soon though.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Very pretty, the garden guy on KMOX radio on Sat. morning here talked about it today. He just called it fall clematis and said how good it smells. I guess this is what I have been seeing, couldn't imagine what would bloom like that this time of year.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Beautiful. I would love something like this but this yard just doesn't really want to grow things. I can't physiclly do the heavy work it would take to get and keep everything where I would like it. So I am just going to enjoy everyone's pictures. Wish there was smellavision. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast