Sydney Siege

Old 12-17-2014, 06:08 AM

Thank you for your kind words Jan in Va
This man wasn't a terrorist per se. He was evil, deluded and mentally unstable. Apparently he was from Afghanistan.
By rights he shouldn't have been walking the streets. The courts had given him bail so many times. I hope this will be something our law makers will now look at. If this had been investigated sooner two innocent people would not have lost their lives yesterday and Jill Maher from Melbourne would still be alive.
I don't like the way the media kept referring to the fact he was Muslim as it just distorts peoples views of the general Muslim population. We have quite a lot of Muslim families in our area and I don't find them threatening. They may dress differently to me but they are just normal people living life.

The evil people we see on the news are terrorists but I think it's unfair to condemn all Muslin people because of the actions of the few. Hate is born out of fear of the unknown. Get to know what you fear and you'll usually find there is no reason for fear, therefore no reason to hate.

These are just my opinions.

Also prayers for the survivors and families in Afghanistan and Pennsylvania.

Last edited by katesnanna; 12-17-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:56 PM

After the ghastly news last night, I am tempted to stop watching the news for a while. I know that won't stop the mayhem, but I may sleep better.