Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Taking pre-orders for snowballs! >

Taking pre-orders for snowballs!

Taking pre-orders for snowballs!

Old 01-26-2015, 04:27 AM

SO is watching one of the morning shows and they are talking about this storm and all the mess it's going to be. Airlines are all ready cancelling flights to and from the area. Your storm passed thru our area (Northern Ind) yesterday afternoon and evening, but we only got a couple of inches from it. Our main problem is just going to be some blowing and drifting. Sorry we couldn't be more help for you, so stay warm and safe.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:21 AM

This is really going to be a terrible storm here in New England. I just finished shoveling the 4 inches we had on Saturday and my back is aching. Now to shovel 24 + inches will not be fun :-(
Old 01-26-2015, 07:01 AM

So far this year, we have had only a trace of snow here. We usually get some snow, but not that much. Here when we get 3-4 inches they close schools. When we get 20+ they close everything. In fact we are in fire warnings because it is so dry.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:46 AM

My BIL is on his way to us from PA and stopping at all his friends and relatives. He escaped just in time to beat the worst of the storm. From news reports, it sounds like a very bad storm. Hope all QB members stay safe and warm. Today at 9AM it was 59 degrees, but with a stiff wind from the north, it felt way colder. I can handle that, but snow...not anymore, thanks be! And no need to send any snowballs, but thanks for the offer!!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
Minnesota is very far behind in snowfall this winter. But, that's ok - you can keep it. Just stay safe, help your neighbor, if possible and enjoy the beauty of the newly fallen stuff.
Hi, there - I was just going to say that it is supposed to go up to 42* today- it is thawing all over the place - and it is supposed to be the coldest time of the year around here - and we have the Winter Carnival going on - Ice sculpture melting as we speak.

You guys out east - take care, be safe -

WINTER EXISTS TO MAKE SPRING FEEL LIKE A MIRACLE.

Edie
Old 01-26-2015, 10:12 AM

Bless you!!! I sympathize with you. We had ours in November and hope that was it for
the next hundred years, (yea, right). We were lucky tho in our area, no power out.
Hang in there and hope it will pass quickly.
Elaine in the Buffalo area, Snowvember Storm.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:14 AM

I feel your pain. Last winter we got 18 inches in twenty four hours! Usually we only get a couple inches per winter so this was crazy weather for us. Stock up on coca and stay warm. I am praying for you. Here is a picture of our snow at about 11:00 am and it had only stopped for a few minutes. The ruler is a twelve inch and within an hour it was covered!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

I don't miss the snow but miss my family. They live in northern Indiana (Ft.Wayne area and outlying counties). Sending prayers for everyone in it's path. Have been in enough not to want to be in any more! thanks for the offer on the snowballs but I'll pass!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:52 AM

Loving the TWO days off due to storm! I plan to sew and if the power goes out, I'll clean (ya, maybe) or knit.Like a mini vacation.
Please stay safe all you QBers that make my life special. Oh by the way use the gorgeous fabri dyed in the snow for an art quilt. Looks hot so maybe a sunset or a spectacular sunset. so many ways.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM

Smile snow

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
YES!! Believe it or not, I miss the snow. Will be in the 60's this week. I want to go home. All I need is hot chocolate, and a quilt.
feel really bad for all the snow we had plenty lt year be carefull