Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for your service

Native Texan living in beautiful Arkansas
    That was awesome.
    Take care of our earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!

Great video! My husband served in Viet Nam. I wish more people would remember them.

Blog Entries
    Our nearest city, Waterville, ME. just welcomed home Vietnam warriors a few weeks ago with a celebration as they walked across the Two Cent Bridge to claps and cheers from spectators. Better late then never I guess.

Thank you for sharing this touching video....I have passed it on to my friends....I'm still crying!!!!!!

Made me cry too. It was shameful the way Vientnam warriors were treated when they came home. I'm glad we've learned our lesson

i am glad you posted this. they ''all''past and future should be seen as hero's . thanks for posting

It made me cry. We have 1 son and 1 son in law that served in the Canadian army and are now retired. It is very sad that we do not honor them more. My step son now has an invisible decease ..... Post Trauma Stress Disorder ..... While they look like they are back in prefect condition ...... it is often not true.

Thanks for sharing!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

My first husband was a Vietnam veteran. Had he lived he would have been 69 years old on August 29th this year. Wasn't a big fan of that war but respected the people that fought. As a people I think we learned a lot from that time. Things like the fact that you can hate a war or all wars and still be respectful of those that serve in it. We can still treat soldiers and their families with the dignity and respect that they deserve when they come home---no matter what way they come back.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilterfay View Post
    It made me cry. We have 1 son and 1 son in law that served in the Canadian army and are now retired. It is very sad that we do not honor them more. My step son now has an invisible decease ..... Post Trauma Stress Disorder ..... While they look like they are back in prefect condition ...... it is often not true.
    I've never known a veteran of war that doesn't have some kind of PTSD. Some of them have it so badly that it's totally debilitating while others can keep it at bay most of the time. My dad was in WWII and for the most part was able to keep it at bay unless he was busy and not paying attention when a small plane flew overhead. Once, when he came out of it he had crawled under the tractor he was working on and dug a foxhole with the large wrench in his hand. He was completely soaked with sweat and shaking when he came in the house.
    He didn't work for the next day or two until he could gain control again.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast