Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thanks Again

Thanks Again

I have not posted on here for quite awhile. I read and watch more than anything. I joined this board over a year ago, and even though I am not the best seamstress in the world, I have improved due to the things that I have learned from this board.

I want to give a particular thanks to the person who told me about Little Dresses for Africa. I no longer remember her name, but her influence has gone far. I have lost track of how many dresses that I have donated, but I know that they have been to orphanages in Nicaragua and Africa. A church group here has caught on, and now they are making dresses, and it just goes on from there. I wonder how many kids have clothes now due to one person on this board mentioning it.

I also want to thank the women who helped me to get a start by helping me to gather pillowcases. Every one of them has been turned into a pretty dress that is being worn by an orphan right now. Your little pillowcase donations has made someone very poor, and very far away, feel special. It isn't easy for everyone, including me, to afford to buy enough fabric to make lots and lots of dresses, but thanks to the pattern ideas on the Little Dresses web site, I have been able to cut up sheets, pillowcases, and some older clothes in good shape, to make quite a fee outfits over the past few years. Where there is a will, there is a way!

That is all for now. I just wanted to express my gratitude, and to show everyone here that one little kind comment can explode into something quite beautiful.

Sounds like you've been making a great difference in lots of lives. Good for you and for the people on this board lighting a fire under us sometimes!

You're the one to be thanked for all the good you do for those who have less than the rest of us. I so admire people such as yourself! I can feel good karma by the bucket headed your way!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

You are a special person to make so many dresses to share with those who are less fortunate. Bless you.