Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thanks to all quilter Vets

Thanks to all quilter Vets

Remember to take a Vet this weekend. Also thanks to all the Vets that are quilter too. I know there are members of this board that served our country too, I did in the Air Force in the 1960's. Thanks to all of you.
    Mary Fran G
    Knob Noster
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    I agree-Remember to Thank a Vet this weekend. I am still in the process of finishing up my brothers quilt-which he knows about and has seen. So much we don't know about his personal story when serving-much of it hard to bear. He will carry it with him forever, but I hope he can take comfort with the quilt that means as much to me as it will to him. Forever grateful.

I agree!!!! Thanks to all our Military Past and present.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    Thank you for serving! We had a little parade in our town. Our guild made about 55 quilts for deployed soldiers and we put them on the pipes and carried them. Was so surprised when people stood and clapped as we walked by.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Peg View Post
    Thank you for serving! We had a little parade in our town. Our guild made about 55 quilts for deployed soldiers and we put them on the pipes and carried them. Was so surprised when people stood and clapped as we walked by.
    Just came across this thread. I would like to commence all those that served, and the parents, spouse and children also. Do you have pictures of the parade?