Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
There comes a time in life..... >

There comes a time in life.....

There comes a time in life.....

Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Sometimes it is hard to get rid of the negative in your life because the barnicle will not disclodge from your butt. (Started the process of a friendectomy with a real sourpuss and have not managed to excise that particular barnicle.)

I remember when I was much younger and people would insist on pushing their viewpoints on me. At that time I thought, well - you make me listen to your ideas, so let me reciprocate. NOW, I let people talk and I do not have to engage or otherwise buy into their beliefs, neither do I have to convert them into my way of thinking. There is something to be said for growing up and learning what is important in life.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:33 PM

You've got a great attitude there. ;) It's so easy to jump on people and perpetuate that drama. I have such a low tolerance for it! I hope I can get to the place where you are where it just rolls of my back.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM

I totally agree! I came into my "own" in my 30's.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Dee

How true. Learned late, but never looked back. Never to late to start.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

YES YES YES!!!!

Amen, Sista! Preach it! :)
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 AM

I need to learn how to do that. I find myself arguing when I try to voice my opinon and am put down for it.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 AM

I am going through a difficult time right now with my son. I have to walk a way for awhile because it hurts too much to stay involved. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 AM

i to am having a problem with my son he has a live in g/f of about 4 years now and she doesnt like none of his family so we have nothing to do with her and he blames us all so he doesnt call or come see me which i only live like 30 minutes away so i had to back off and put up my doors to keep from getting hurt any more than i am being hurt now from his actions..hes chose her over his own family with no reason other than hes inlove...so i have let him have his choice and i walked away...i havent even been in his house for 2 years now and he came out here for xmas but he acted mad all the while he was here so i wish he had just stayed with her cuz i want him here cuz he wants to be here not out of the fact he has to cuz im his mom...oh well he will regret this time hes lost someday and no one to blame but his self...sorry didnt mean to vent on all of u but when i read what joan_quilts said it touched a nerve...lol thanks for listening
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Banned

that is SO true.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 AM

Keep faith. As I said earlier, my 92 year mother doesn't talk to me because she has been turned against me by my two sons, age 42 and 41 and my only brother. They have even turned against their only sister and blocked her from contacting them. It is so sad. But as my daughter told me, sometimes you need to prune the dead branches from the family tree in order to keep the tree alive and surviving. I agree they will look back in the future of time missed but they are the ones who did this. Life is just so short.