Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there an iron that doesn't leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    I use my iron with no water in it and keep a mister bottle handy. Until my old iron dies, I will be using this method. I will probably pick up a cheap Walmart iron after that and use it until it dies. I just can't bring myself to buy an expensive iron that may not last.
    I do the same!
    Aronel aka Lee

Blog Entries
    My old Classic B&D has been knocked off the table many times, on hard tile floor, and still works great. It's the one I take to classes and toss in the trunk of the car. I use the Reliable iron for steam and I have a dry iron that works the best when using starching and for fusing. Just like machines, I have an iron for different pressings.
    Got fabric?

I recently bought a digital Black & Decker iron....$40........I used a 20% off coupon and Bed, Bath and Beyond and got $8 off of that. I love it and so far, have not had any leaking problem.
    Gloria 

Z
    I have had good luck with my Sunbeam Steam Master. The model that I got has a retractable cord which has kept it on
    the ironing board with the falling off accidents. It also turns itself off after about 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
    I have a Reliable Digital Velocity iron, it was pricey but the heat is great and it doesn't leak a bit.
    I have this one too - it's Great.
    The Rowenta I had was a leaker after only 9 months.

An iron won't leak if you don't put any water in it. ..........LOL

I keep a mister bottle handy when I need to iron anything.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    In a word------NO!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I had one of those $100 irons which was expensive for me. Leaked like a seive. Bought one a Wal-Mart and happy with it. Then I was in Wear & Share, bought a haf size iron for $2 and now I have one just the right size for quilting no leaks.

Blog Entries
    Stay away from the Rowenta Irons. They will all leak eventually. I finally got smart and bought a cheap iron at Walmart and it has already lasted longer than my last three Rowenta irons!

Thank you all for your comments on the iron. I was going to break down and buy myself a "good" meaning expensive iron but now I think I'm just going to keep my old Black and Decker since it doesn't leak and spend that money on buying more material for a quilt.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast