Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there an iron that doesn't leak?

Yes, there's an iron that doesn't take water. I've seen it in the Vermont Country Store catalog. I bet that doesn't leak!

I use a spray bottle and dry iron
    have not found one that does not leak
    larry

Blog Entries
    well, my little $10.00 walmart iron doesn't leak at all. My expensive one does.
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Blog Entries
    I have an expensive Rowenta iron. It doesn't just leak it dumps the water. I contacted Rowenta, but since I waited until after the warrenty, they won't do anything. I like the burst of steam. I can't afford to replace expensive irons every year. Guess I'll be going to the mist and dry iron.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

Blog Entries

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
    Yes, there's an iron that doesn't take water. I've seen it in the Vermont Country Store catalog. I bet that doesn't leak!
    I bought the iron from Vermont Country Store (vermontcountrystore.com) and I love it. It heats up fast, gets plenty hot enough, stays hot and it is not a steam iron so it never leaks. Also a nice weight and size, take it to all the classes I teach. Love it!

I've had very good luck with Black and Decker too. I use water and just get an inexpensive model from Walmart.

Blog Entries
    The reliable velocity irons do not leak or spit at all.

I had the same problem . Got the Sunbeam Model #4267. LOVE it, Two years with out a leak so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzykwilter View Post
    I bought the iron from Vermont Country Store (vermontcountrystore.com) and I love it. It heats up fast, gets plenty hot enough, stays hot and it is not a steam iron so it never leaks. Also a nice weight and size, take it to all the classes I teach. Love it!
    I have the Vermont one as well. I would never buy another brand. Its a terrific iron.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    I think the key to the iron problem is check with the directions on how to clean the steam area. I just forget about cleaning and my directions say once a month I should fill with water (plain tap, I think) and hold it over the sink and keep pushing the steam button that gives you a burst of steam and you should see the gunk that comes out. One direction says use distilled water and another place says use tap water. I end up using distilled water in mine.
    quilting with my dogs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast