Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a trick to getting rid of Phlem?

Thanks to everyone that posted about the Vics on the bottoms of feet to get rid of a cough. My daughter used it perfectly til the cough left. Now she has the phlem and once a day throws up just the phlem. Any home solutions to this weird problem?
    Thanks in advance.

Get her drinking LOTS of water -- this will thin the mucous out....I have a problem with my vocal cords and if I don't drink enough water (no caffeine) I cough & hack and carry on something terrible. I use an old water bottle and the individual servings of Hawaiian Punch Sugar Free....have her drink 2-3 of these per day and see if it helps :D

Blog Entries
    try an expectorant, it will help loosen the mucus and make coughing it up easier :D:D:D

I once had a teacher tell me that it has to come out somewhere, so choose your mouth or your nose!

Get her to blow every time she starts coughing and it will clear up quickly. We've been doing this for the past 15 years and no one in our house ever has a nagging cough.

Blog Entries
    Hot tea, honey and lemon.

if you want herbal medicine, in the old tradition, use mullein, goldenrod, coltsfoot to help loosen the phlegm. It's best in hot water, as is any phlegm-loosening remedy. PM if you want more info

The best thing I have found so far to get rid of phlegm is Mucinex. It is pricey, but it works! Walmart has a store brand but it just doesn't work as well.

Drink lots of liquids, including warm liquids, clear soups, and cut back on phlegm-causing foods, like dairy.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by oatw13
    The best thing I have found so far to get rid of phlegm is Mucinex. It is pricey, but it works! Walmart has a store brand but it just doesn't work as well.

Drink lots of liquids, including warm liquids, clear soups, and cut back on phlegm-causing foods, like dairy.

Best of luck.
    Mucinex is the best. I keep a box in my medicine cabinet all of the time. When I feel it starting I take one and it is usually gone in a day or so. I buy mine at Sam's Club. I am sure that other membership stores will carry it too.

She cannot take meds. she has a bad heart. So that is why the request for home solutions.
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

The phlem must come out. drink a tablespoon of cider venigar in a half glass of water to help it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast