Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Is there a way to just bring up the new topics of the day? >

Is there a way to just bring up the new topics of the day?

Is there a way to just bring up the new topics of the day?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Default Is there a way to just bring up the new topics of the day?

Is there a way to just bring up the new topics of the day? I have tried using What's New and searched for a few other things but I always end up getting some of the few previous days' posts as well. I don't really want to wade through all the stuff I have already read. Can you help me?

This board is wonderful and I am sure I will find out all the little tricks to make it completely comfortable again. Thanks for working so hard on it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-10-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: clarify title to reflect content
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

I haven't found a way...and I have tried everything that has been suggested.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:21 AM

I havent found a way to do it yet either
Old 11-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OmaForFour View Post
Is there a way to just bring up the new topics of the day? I have tried using What's New and searched for a few other things but I always end up getting some of the few previous days' posts as well. I don't really want to wade through all the stuff I have already read. Can you help me?

This board is wonderful and I am sure I will find out all the little tricks to make it completely comfortable again. Thanks for working so hard on it.

I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 AM

On the right, at the top of the right column, there's a Recent Topics button. After reading, you could then mark the forums read, under Forum Actions.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM

let us know what you find out - because I'm lost!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Try this:

Go to Settings, Click on General Settings in the left margin. Fill out that form, Where it says Default Thread Age Cut off - I have it set on Show threads from last day. Make sure you go to the bottom and Save Changes.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 AM

The way I do it is to go to the forum I want to read, then at the bottom of the page under Thread Display, I choose to display threads by Thread Start Time, in Descending order. It throws all the latest unread threads to the top.

Don't forget to hit the Show Threads Button after you make the changes.

Last edited by DebraK; 11-10-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Thanks for this tip I found all the pictures I could want to look at now all I have to do is get the in the right order!! How ever this did not work when I tried it for the main topic, would not display pages, will keep trying.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.
I sometimes don't finish the whole thread and when I do it the way you suggested and go back in later, it is no longer changed color. Same thing on the list of topics.