Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Those of you who have Android phones ie Motorola >

Those of you who have Android phones ie Motorola

Those of you who have Android phones ie Motorola

Old 04-05-2012, 10:45 AM

Default Those of you who have Android phones ie Motorola

Since the information contained in this note is from Motorola Customer Service I thought you might like to know.

The newest Motroloa Atrix Update (perhaps other Androids as well) put this invasion of privacy requirement on our phones!
Atrix owners now have to store your contacts on either Google or Motorola's servers in order to have it on our phone. Supposedly it is so people can put their contact list from their computer to the server and then download it to the phone....no matter what it is, it is not our choice and I take exception to giving all of my personal and private names and numbers to Mark Cuban/google. Motorla Customer service also told me that it was an agreement with Google. So what is Motorola being paid for this option and our information. We already know from previous news, that Google has “stolen” private information from its customers/users of their service. I have asked the media center at Motorola to address my concern about no option to place a contact on my phone without giving it to Google and also asked, if a customer puts their contacts on Motorola’s server, is Motorola sharing that information with Google?

Just an FYI
Diana