Thumbs Up or Down?

Old 12-27-2010, 06:04 PM

Can't watch it. The sound of her voice drives me up a wall. :shock:
Old 12-28-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
'just wonder, of those that have watched "Sarah Palin's Alaska", do you enjoy it? - I am NOT talking politics, I am talking her view of the state. Do you watch it weekly?
I think you are getting more political views then anything. I had to stop reading some of the comments, they were just to upsetting the way people think. Just my opinion

Just to clarify "thumbs up" for Sarah.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
'just wonder, of those that have watched "Sarah Palin's Alaska", do you enjoy it? - I am NOT talking politics, I am talking her view of the state. Do you watch it weekly?
I think you are getting more political views then anything. I had to stop reading some of the comments, they were just to upsetting the way people think. Just my opinion
I think this whole thing is very interesting, not political or anything, just some people saying that they don't like a voice or do like a voice or like the way a person is a mother or a wife. Isn't it great we can discuss this freely and openly - not like other countries? Edie

PS That is not a political statement - it is a thought from my heart.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches

Just to clarify "thumbs up" for Sarah.
I so agree with you. I listened real carefully Sunday night and I do not understand the "voice" thing. I have been reading the comments here and on the post about not saying anything negative about someones quilt. What a difference. Maybe if Sarah was a quilter we would be nicer to her.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:23 PM

haha - good point parrothead - I LOVE the program and has only one more episode (not next Sunday, but the following Sunday)In the US, we all have different accents - New York, Chicago, Arkansas, Minnesota - and so what! Hopefully the program will be extended - its great to extend our horizens---there IS another world outside our personal neighborhood. Thanks for all of you views, ya'all!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by lvaughan
Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by hospicenurse
I turned the channel after she and her daughter beat the fish to death with a bat.
They didn't beat the fish to death with a bat, they stunned it, which sometimes have to be done on a boat with large fish. They can swipe you a good one - very humane.

Personally, I like Sarah Palin. She is a good woman. I like what she stands for, politically or on the home front. She is a good mother (remembering that all of us are human and what we teach our children sometimes goes in one ear and out the other). I learned that from my mother. She loves her state as I love my state, Minnesota. She loves her family and she brings food to the table. In Alaska they bring food via hunting for it. I clean fish, pheasant, deer and bring it to our table too. I think I would really like her as a friend.

I also think that Kate is a spoiled rotten little brat! And I think it all started when she decided she could do anything. She does not have the mettle that Sarah has. I loved Jon and Kate and I don't think I will watch Kate plus Ei8ht anymore. But I sure will watch Sarah. She knows a lot about her state, she is a fantabulous representative for her state and any state would be proud to have her as a teacher, representative/senator/spokesperson/president, whatever she wants to be and thinks she could be to better our country. God knows it isn't doing too well as it is now! So I will continue to watch and enjoy Sarah Palin's Alaska.

With that said, I can't wait for the next episode. The scenery is gorgeous, the dialog is so humorous and so loving and just darn fun to watch. Edie
I agree, I like Sarah as a person and think her family is a close, loving one. I grew up in Arkansas where my Dad and brothers hunted, mainly deer but other wildlife also, like turkey. We had cows, pigs and chickens, for food, my grandmother could ring a chickens neck before you knew what was happening. Yes, some people live different lives than others but that doesn't make them cruel or heartless.

All I will say about Sarah concerning politics is that I find her to be an honest person unlike the vast majority of politicians we have in Washington now.
I stand with these!! Sarah Palin speaks open and truthful about moral values and family values. I think they could have done the show a little better, a little more interesting maybe, but overall I love the scenery and the parts about her family are wholesome and funny. What's wrong with that? Too bad we don't have more stuff on TV with values like these. I don't like watching a lot with my grandkids because of all the cussing, sex and "skin" they allow now.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:41 PM

haha - good point parrothead - I LOVE the program and has only one more episode (not next Sunday, but the following Sunday)In the US, we all have different accents - New York, Chicago, Arkansas, Minnesota - and so what! Hopefully the program will be extended - its great to extend our horizens---there IS another world outside our personal neighborhood. Thanks for all of you views, ya'all!
Just a cotton pickin' minute here. We Minnesotans do not have an accent - we just say yah sure, you betcha. Everyone has an accent except us. We talk normal!!!!!!! You'all talk fun-ny!
And isn't that just the greatest thing in the world. Sarah talks like a Minnesotan. All kidding aside - I love to try to guess where people come from. Texans have a lot of accents, Arkansas has an accent, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Mass, Wisconsinites talk like they have cheese in their mouth! We talk like we have a mouthful of snus! Happy New Year, Y'All! Edie
Old 12-28-2010, 04:50 PM

ha Edie! The accent in Fargo - now that is one different sound! We live in MO now and are slowly becoming an Ozarkian! ........... and the world goes around and around