Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tiny tiny gardening tools??

Banned

tiny tiny gardening tools??

Has anyone seen really small doll size tools for gardening? I have a pattern for the american girl dolls that is a gardening hat and apron and tote and I thought little tools would be so cute in the tote...maybe I will just have to use tiny silk flowers in the tote but if I can find tools I'd like that.

Blog Entries
    Have you looked in the doll house area at a craft store. If you have a Hobb Lobby look there where the doll house kits are. Good luck.
    D
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt View Post
    Have you looked in the doll house area at a craft store. If you have a Hobb Lobby look there where the doll house kits are. Good luck.
    D
    thanks...doll house stuff would be too small but maybe in that section..thanks

Power Poster
    ​I have seen mini gardening tools at my $ store but I think they would be too big. They are the ones about 6 inches long for container gardening?

Here is a tute to make your own. http://miniatures.about.com/od/dollh...ss/shovels.htm
    It would be a bit of work, but you could make them whatever size you want.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Fish View Post
    thanks...doll house stuff would be too small but maybe in that section..thanks
    Doll Houses come in different scales ... so you would just need to get the right scale for your doll size.

Yesterday in the $ $tore there was a metal back scratcher that'd probably be the right size for a a rake. It telescoped out and when collapsed was about the size of a razor.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have found 5" gardening tools at Micheal's craft store and Ben Franklin's in the section where unpainted small wooden spools and candle cups are found. I made a wind chime from them and I have 1pkg. left if you would like a pic of them, just let me know and I will post it. The pkg I have left is a shovel, hoe and pitch fork.
    Linda Sue **** Live,Laugh & Sew

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
    Here is a tute to make your own. http://miniatures.about.com/od/dollh...ss/shovels.htm
    It would be a bit of work, but you could make them whatever size you want.
    Thank you!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Or try googling for terrarium garden tools.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seam-ripper-sue View Post
    I have found 5" gardening tools at Micheal's craft store and Ben Franklin's in the section where unpainted small wooden spools and candle cups are found. I made a wind chime from them and I have 1pkg. left if you would like a pic of them, just let me know and I will post it. The pkg I have left is a shovel, hoe and pitch fork.
    Oh perfect and I have a 50% off coupon lol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast