Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tipper & Al

Oh no. Forty years?

I never did much like him, but I'm sorry for them both.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    What happened?????????

Blog Entries
    they said they have different interests ..they have grown apart. and they are never home with each other..sad.

It is easy to understand - their professional lives have pulled them in different directions, they still love each other and there is NO 3rd party involved. That is why there will not be a divorce - they are very close and each will always be the other's significant other.

Banned
    sad after any length of time for anyone..

Blog Entries
    I have a dear friend, never married, because her mantra is "better to be alone, than to wish you were". Sometimes, I wonder. After the 4th time getting something for DH while I'm trying to work out a new block or quilt layout. However, after 43 years, what would I do without him, I wouldn't get my exercise. LOL

well I can't say I care for him but its bad to hear that any marriage that's lasted that long is calling it quits. It does seem like they would try to rekindle things but who knows? We've been married 24 years come September. That's a lot of time I spent training him.......:-) too long to throw the towel in now.

^^^LOL Ginnie!

Yeah, if you think 40 years and you're just *done*? Well, what if you just left it as a business relationship? Except...dun, dun, dunnnnn....what if there's another woman or man of interest? I don't care too much for the guy, we'll see how all this unfolds.

FWIW, my folks were together for 35 years and it seemed they would split for awhile. Truth be told though, they've not been happy with each other for years.

I agree - it is sad after 40 years and giving up. There is no perfect person out there, people think the next one will be better but find out they have the same problems from a previous marriage. I have seen that with my sister-in-law. I am still married to the same person for 28 years and you have your ups and downs, and anybody that says they don't isn't telling the truth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast