Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Tornado Warnings

  1. #1
    Super Member bamamama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Madison, AL
    Posts
    2,003
    until 1 today. It was unusually warm (70's) yesterday so I'm not surprised. But...My Tin Lizzie is in the bonus room upstairs...... OH NO!

  2. #2
    Super Member AlwaysQuilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,704
    Blog Entries
    3
    It was 63 overnight here with a tornado watch (just ended). Now we're having flood watches and a few school closings. I noticed that my elec. went off overnight, all the clocks were blinking. It's now 45 and dropping to the high 20s by tonight. I hate when the nice warm temp happens while I'm sleeping!
    I hope everyone came through the storms ok.

  3. #3
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    16,529
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yep you are truly a quilter.

  4. #4
    Super Member ssgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    2,108
    Nasty here too! 5 alerts working from severe t-storm to tornado to floodings.

    It was 71 at 5 and has dropped to 57 now after a pretty strong squall line has moved through.

  5. #5
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Here in Central VA they are saying expect very high winds - severe thunderstorms from 3 pm - 6 pm. Looking at the radar, the storm stretches over many states and is moving East.
    One reason I am trying to get everything done before this afternoon.

  6. #6
    Super Member Diana Lynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast of SC
    Posts
    1,206
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    Here in Central VA they are saying expect very high winds - severe thunderstorms from 3 pm - 6 pm. Looking at the radar, the storm stretches over many states and is moving East.
    One reason I am trying to get everything done before this afternoon.
    They are expecting that storm to hit us right around 9 tonight..Going to be interesting

  7. #7
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    9 am here in Central VA, weather just tacked on a Tornado Watch, storms are not due till noon. I have a feeling it will be sooner with power outages etc.

  8. #8
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    Here in Central VA they are saying expect very high winds - severe thunderstorms from 3 pm - 6 pm. Looking at the radar, the storm stretches over many states and is moving East.
    One reason I am trying to get everything done before this afternoon.
    They are expecting that storm to hit us right around 9 tonight..Going to be interesting
    I agree, very interesting. I already turned my outside table upside down - wind. Don't need it going thru my glass doors.

  9. #9
    Super Member oldswimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,235
    Wow...this must be moving east. Hope you all stay safe and are prepared to take cover! Being from Nebraska, I have learned to be ready. I have all my family photos and copies of papers stashed in an old suitcase. When we have a warning, I grab the suitcase and head for the basement. I already have a survival stash down there too...and of course ALL my quilting stash is down stairs!

  10. #10
    Super Member DebsShelties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,858
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldswimmer
    Wow...this must be moving east. Hope you all stay safe and are prepared to take cover! Being from Nebraska, I have learned to be ready. I have all my family photos and copies of papers stashed in an old suitcase. When we have a warning, I grab the suitcase and head for the basement. I already have a survival stash down there too...and of course ALL my quilting stash is down stairs!
    It is moving East 50 - 60 miles an hour according to The Weather Channel. They area also saying these are NOT imbedded tornados, small funnel clouds that can become big ones just in front of the thunderstorms.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.