Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tornado Warnings

until 1 today. It was unusually warm (70's) yesterday so I'm not surprised. But...My Tin Lizzie is in the bonus room upstairs...... OH NO!

Blog Entries
    It was 63 overnight here with a tornado watch (just ended). Now we're having flood watches and a few school closings. I noticed that my elec. went off overnight, all the clocks were blinking. It's now 45 and dropping to the high 20s by tonight. I hate when the nice warm temp happens while I'm sleeping!
    I hope everyone came through the storms ok.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Yep you are truly a quilter.

Nasty here too! 5 alerts working from severe t-storm to tornado to floodings.

It was 71 at 5 and has dropped to 57 now after a pretty strong squall line has moved through.

Blog Entries
    Here in Central VA they are saying expect very high winds - severe thunderstorms from 3 pm - 6 pm. Looking at the radar, the storm stretches over many states and is moving East.
    One reason I am trying to get everything done before this afternoon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    Here in Central VA they are saying expect very high winds - severe thunderstorms from 3 pm - 6 pm. Looking at the radar, the storm stretches over many states and is moving East.
    They are expecting that storm to hit us right around 9 tonight..Going to be interesting

Blog Entries
    9 am here in Central VA, weather just tacked on a Tornado Watch, storms are not due till noon. I have a feeling it will be sooner with power outages etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    They are expecting that storm to hit us right around 9 tonight..Going to be interesting
    I agree, very interesting. I already turned my outside table upside down - wind. Don't need it going thru my glass doors.

Wow...this must be moving east. Hope you all stay safe and are prepared to take cover! Being from Nebraska, I have learned to be ready. I have all my family photos and copies of papers stashed in an old suitcase. When we have a warning, I grab the suitcase and head for the basement. I already have a survival stash down there too...and of course ALL my quilting stash is down stairs!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldswimmer
    Wow...this must be moving east. Hope you all stay safe and are prepared to take cover! Being from Nebraska, I have learned to be ready. I have all my family photos and copies of papers stashed in an old suitcase. When we have a warning, I grab the suitcase and head for the basement. I already have a survival stash down there too...and of course ALL my quilting stash is down stairs!
    It is moving East 50 - 60 miles an hour according to The Weather Channel. They area also saying these are NOT imbedded tornados, small funnel clouds that can become big ones just in front of the thunderstorms.