tornadoes in Massachusetts

Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 AM

No, we are not in Kansas! We had tornadoes on Wednesday here in Springfield Ma! So much damage to homes, businesses, trees. My home was spared but there was heavy damage to neighborhoods around me. Just got my electricity back last night. Two of my sons work for a tree service and have been putting in 16 hr days to clear trees from wires so power can be restored. There will be so much work for months to come. We have never seen anything like this before. I am on vacation from work next week and will volunteer some time to help out with Red Cross or United Way. I work in a homeless shelter for families and I am sure we will be putting up some of the victims. to see pictures of the devastation to Springfield and some surrounding towns, you can go www.masslive.com.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:02 AM

I saw this on The Weather Channel and couldn't believe MA had been hit by tornadoes. I'm glad your house was spared. And how generous of you to donate your time.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:05 AM
SEW

So glad you and your family are safe. The pictures of the damage is incredible.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:08 AM

I know, I can't beleive that tornadoes are popping up all over the US, what's up with that??
Old 06-04-2011, 04:27 AM

OMG! I'm glad to hear you're OK that was horrible, just horrible! I've been trying to find out about the Leominister area. A friend of mine has relatives there and can't get through to them. Have you heard anything about this area?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:47 AM

Our prayer are going out to all of the victims and THANK YOU for all of your help.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

It seems tornadoes are everywhere this year. Here in tornado alley we have been spared.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:55 AM

So much bad weather everywhere. I can hardly believe the number of tornados around the country. Feel for all those affected. Here in Alabama we were getting nervous every time bad storms were predicted. Now, we are begging for rain. From one extreme to the other.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:14 AM

the weather this year is unbelievable. i was in durham nc when the raleigh tornados came thru. awful. missed my rv park but the sky, the colors. terrible. we stayed in the laundry house, its concrete block. wasn't going to stay in the camper trailer. when the alabama storms hit and they were predicting bad weather again in nc, we went to a hotel for the night. me, my son and the guinea pig.

we're going back to alabama for good next weekend and i think one of the first things i'm gonna do is get one of those small conex boxes and rent a backhoe to bury it. i've seen alot of storm pits made that way. i've never been bothered by the tornados before. always just left the tv on and went about my business, but now i'm getting nervous. the area i'm from in alabama see's alot of tornados and i think i'd feel better if we had a pit to wait them out in.

it's only june and the hurricanes haven't even started yet, but my goodness, tornados, floods, fires. this year has been awful so far. and the economy sure isn't helping with recovering for all those poor folks who lost everything. i pray that things will get better and we've seen the worst weather wise.