Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: toxicology report on make-up

Blog Entries
    Skin Deep data base - www.ewg.org/skindeep

Blog Entries
    boy i'll tell you. everything we put on our skin gets absorbed. good and bad.

Blog Entries
    When I worked at Target in Logistics, we had to scan all products that were going to be donated or disgarded. MOST beauty products, including baby/kid shampoos came up as hazardous.

Blog Entries
    Not only what we put on our skin...but what we put into our bodies--somehow it all shows back up--good and bad.

My babysitter for my kids about 25 years ago got some name brand mascara. It came in a sealed package. She used it and both of her eyes swelled shut. It smelled like paint thinner. I called them, she wasn't able to and I sent the mascara to them. They paid her emergency room bill. Discard ANY makeup that is a year old. Your eyesight is worth more than a $6.00 price tag.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clynns
    My babysitter for my kids about 25 years ago got some name brand mascara. It came in a sealed package. She used it and both of her eyes swelled shut. It smelled like paint thinner. I called them, she wasn't able to and I sent the mascara to them. They paid her emergency room bill. Discard ANY makeup that is a year old. Your eyesight is worth more than a $6.00 price tag.
    this happened to me in 1980! All my eyelashes fell out and I have never been able to grow them back good since..and I can not wear mascara more than one hour!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    boy i'll tell you. everything we put on our skin gets absorbed. good and bad.
    -------------------------------
    I just got rid of all my face creams and stuff like that, then went to our new health food store and got some pure virgin coconut oil that should be kept refrigerated between usings. I'll use that for face cream, night cream, rubbing on hair after washing, and even for cooking but I don't use much for frying. Just a trifle, even though I do have a little pork grease from a wild hog from the mountains. Yummy, no hormones, no other animals ground up and fed to it, no chemicals to make it grow faster...

I haven't worn make up in years...

Quote Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
    I haven't worn make up in years...
    I quit using anything on my face when I was going through menopause- everything made me break out. I just got out of the habit and now just rinse my face with water every morning when I shower. I use some Mary Kay cleanser/moisturizer occasionally.

Even though we live in the Seattle area, every time it stops raining, it seems like the air gets really dry very fast. I get sore lips so I use Wonder Oil on them (40% emu oil).