Which tree do you go for?

Old 12-01-2014, 05:30 PM

Default Which tree do you go for?

I had a tree with all clear lights and I gave it to my daughter. I would rather put my own lights on so I can change my style if I want. I have some candle lights and Bubble lights and other kinds of lights that I want to use. I just ordered a plain tree to put my own lights on. What do all of you do? I also like a live tree but they dry out to soon here in Arizona.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:51 PM

I put up four trees every year. I even have my own tree in my sewing room. It's all purple!
All the trees are pre lit ones. I hate hassling with strings of lights. The big one in the living room has multi colored lights.

Even Bigfoot gets into the spirit of the holidays!

He is the holiday Security officer. .............

(it's not a real pistol, it's a metal cutout with a magnet on the back)
Attached Thumbnails 1208131550a.jpg  
Old 12-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Ours is a prelit tree and tomorrow I'll know if they are all white or not. DH likes multicolored lights and I prefer white, so not sure what we ended up buying!
Chasing Hawk, that Sasquatch is something else! Great sense of humor!!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:33 PM

I have an antique tin foil tree with the 4 colored rotating light wheel. I love the changing colors and would leave it up all year long if not for DH and DS making so much fun of me. LOL
Old 12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Oh gosh i remember candle lights. liquid inside that had bubbles moving too I think. when i was 12 we moved and left them at the old house. I've never seen any since. But i haven't had a tree up for years and years myself.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

We use an artificial tree. Sometimes white lights, other times colors.

When I was a kid, we had those bubble lights. Never again! They got so hot, they began melting, and the real tree was smoldering. Good thing we were home.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

My husband is Jewish, so I have a white tree with aqua, some silver and some white ornaments. very soft, soothing and beachy . I love it. I have white lights on it. It looks so pretty. The theme , if any, is snowmen, and the treeskirt is all smiling snowmen in bright colors of dress.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:20 PM

Thanks everyone. My tree won't get here until the 9th so after I decorate I will show a picture if it is pretty.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:21 PM

We have a fake tree (because my husband saw a demo how fast trees ignite) and he puts the lights on it. We have always had the bulbs - he doesn't like the little twinkle lights. This year we found the larger bulbs that at LED. We found them in August and he was so happy he was finally able to put them up. (They are like the old ones you would use outside, like we had as kids.) The LED lights do not get warm - so that is fantastic. It's a full tree and the decorations are just ones we have collected over the 41 years.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 View Post
I have an antique tin foil tree with the 4 colored rotating light wheel. I love the changing colors and would leave it up all year long if not for DH and DS making so much fun of me. LOL
Oh my....shades of my childhood! We kids used to sit quietly on the floor and watch the light go round, and round and round.....then we'd "argue" about which color we liked best!! Missing that right about now!!