Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turned a Baby Bib into an Adult Bib

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    You have made some really nice bibs which most people would prefer to wear as they look stylish. I once saw a bib made for a man using the top of a shirt (the collar etc) with the towel like yours underneath which also looked good.
    True friends are like diamonds
    They are precious and rare.

nicely done. Has much more dignity than a regular adult bib. Would love to have the pattern!
    Snownannie

Very nice bibs. For men, the one with the shirt top would be nice. How about a denim or dark plaid top. Men need such help also.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I need to just quit talking about it and go ahead and make a bib to wear to my fave Mexican restaurant where I ALWAYS spill some salsa down my front!!!! These would be so quick; thanks for the idea.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Very nice design! One suggestion is to consider using large easy to grip tabs with small velcro squares on the shoulder instead of the pullover method. It will be easier for some impaired people to put on themselves, and confused folks can be terrified of having clothing pulled down over their heads.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
    I really like this child bib pattern using a washcloth http://www.parkerpiecekeepers.com/fr...m-members.html so decided to try enlarging it for an adult, using a hand towel. When seated, the hand towel covers the front and the lap. Instead of using velcro or snaps to close the yoke, I sewed the ends of the yoke together, it slips snugly over my head so hopefully it will pretty much fit the same on someone else. I am giving them to a friend who works with the activities director at a convalescent home. She said they always need bibs.

The neck circumference is horizontal 6-7/8", vertical 6-3/8".
    Oh man I really like that I am taking care of my m-i-l who is dying of cancer has only just a few weeks if that.I really like that a lot thanks .
    Singer 110 , Singer 7422,Singer AH458923, Singer AD075758, Singer 5528 Singer AE234907, Universal H300795 Kenmore 158.16540, Necchi 3354, Dressmaker S2402, Signature 103-303340, BICOR VX1005 Singer 242

Thank-you for the pattern My husband and I have an Assisted Living in our home and look forward to making some new "Crumb Catchers"

Great apron idea, I think. I'm messy. Save my blouses!

My mother is in a nursing home and the staff has been directed to call them "clothing protectors." They say adults don't use bibs.

I need clothing protectors especially with finger food. Will definitely make some of those. thanks for posting.
    There is nothing you can do to make God love you more and nothing you can do to make Him love you less.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast