Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning on the Heat

It's a challenge we play up here every year. Snow can actually fall in September and we had 3 MAJOR snowstorms up until Memorial Day just a few years back. My sister-in-law refuses to turn it on until Oct. 1st - I am weak and I caved. The overnight temperature was about 34 and the daytime high barely into the 60's. The house got down to 65 degrees and I turned the heat on.......
    From Skaneateles Lake - the most beautiful of the Finger Lakes...people don't expect the state of NY to be so cold and snowy. We get Lake Effect snow from 2 of the Great Lakes.

Blog Entries
    I would have turned the heat on too! Our highs and lows aren't that yet, but I am a sissy and want it some what warm. We haven't turned on the heat yet, but the air doesn't come on now.

Blog Entries
    My heat came on, but I got up and turned the thermostat way down so it would go back off. Can't afford to pay the heating bill this early...

It has to be Oct. before I switch over to heat as well. I like it cool when I sleep & we are still getting to the 60's during the day.

I believe in being warm and comfortable. I haven't had to turn the heat on yet, but came close. At this time of the year I will try an extra blanket when I am watching tv, if that doesn't work, the heat will be turned on :)

It is very pretty where you live :) I love the finger lakes. My kid's stepmother has family in your town.

robin

Banned
    Blog Entries
    you big sissy....hehehe...I would have turned it on long before it hit 68! One can not let moisture get into the computer or the fabric you know!!!

Blog Entries
    DH is on blood thinners so when the house got to 62 I turned the heat on. That's the official story.

Blog Entries
    We've been in the 30's at night and 50's during the day. We turned the heater on (we don't have whole house furnaces in this part of the country since there is no natural gas). We turn it up just enough to take the chill off in the morning and at night before bed time. Other wise, the sweaters have come back out and an extra blanket has been put on the bed. It is waaay too early for using much propane yet. We save that for when it's MINUS 30F. Ha!

Blog Entries
    We have turned our heat on also, but just to warm up the house early in the morning. I also believe in being comfortable, not going by what the date is on the calendar.

Blog Entries
    I find the older I get the less I can tolerate cold. I haven't turned on the heat yet but I did break out the winter pj's.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast